We can't believe it's September as summer fades into autumn. We are so ready for the beautiful colours, fresh air and earthy smell it brings along with it. We also can't wait to see all your amazing pictures!
September is a fantastic time to visit Ireland. You'll find that crowds drop off as schools return. Settled, warm weather usually lingers on from summer. Temperatures range from 13 degrees C / 55 degrees F to lows of 9 degrees C / 48 degree F. All of the tourist attractions are still open. So exploring all those ancient castles and historic houses is still an option.
Looking for more information? Check out our blog on why September is a great month to visit Ireland here.
How Do I Win?
To be in with a chance to win, you’ll need to submit your best Vagabond or Driftwood tour photo(s).
Share photo with us on Facebook or Instagram.
Don't forget to include the hashtag #MyVagabondTour.
The Prize: What is a Kelly Kettle?
The prize this month is special: it's a Kelly Kettle!
Here at Vagabond we absolutely love using the Kelly Kettle on tour. There is nothing quite like brewing a wild Irish coffee on a golden beach in the west of Ireland.
Above you can see VagaGuide Tim treating his guests using the Kelly Kettle. Unfortunately Tim is not included in the prize.
The Kelly Kettle company is located in the west of Ireland, where it has been an essential piece of camping equipment for Irish fishermen and angling guides for generations. Brothers Patrick & Seamus Kelly are very proud to be the fourth generation of the Kelly family to be associated with their famous kettle and camping gear. Like the rest of their family, the brothers are extremely keen outdoor enthusiasts and are accomplished anglers (true Vagabonds).
How to Enter Our #MyVagabondTour Photo Competition
Upload your best 5 photos to our Facebook Page, or tag us on Instagram. Don’t forget to include the hashtag #MyVagabondTour. There's a strict maximum of five entries per person. Photos can only be entered once. Your deadline is Monday 30th September! If you’re going on tour in September and miss the deadline, don’t worry; we’ll have another photo competition next month.
How is the Winner Chosen?
Facebook and Instagram have the power! The top 5 images (as selected by us) will be uploaded to our Facebook and Instagram accounts on Tuesday 1st October. They'll then be voted on by our fans, followers and the general public. The winning photo will be the one with the most combined Facebook and Instagram likes by midday (Irish time - GMT) on 4th of October - so tell all your friends!
Uploading your photo(s) to Facebook
On our Facebook Page simply click in the box that reads ‘Write something on this page’, and then click on the photo tab. All that is left to do is upload your photo(s) from your computer/phone or tablet – simple as that.
Terms and Conditions
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition, the decision of Vagabond Tours of Ireland will be final.
- The competition is not open to Vagabond Tours of Ireland employees or contractors, nor their immediate family members.
- The photo must have been taken during a Vagabond or Driftwood Tour of Ireland.
- The image must be taken by you, and you must hold full copyright over the image.
- Entrants will still retain full copyright over any photo entries. By entering, you give your consent for Vagabond Tours of Ireland to use your entry in all future marketing material.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- There is a maximum of five entries per person.
- Once a photo is entered, it can not be entered into subsequent photo competitions.
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules or prizes at any time without prior notice.
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- Closing date for the competition is the 30th September.