*Please note – Any entries into the photo competition might be used in Vagabonds marketing. If you wish to enter and not have your photo and or name used in Vagabonds marketing, please notify us.
It’s June, and time for another photo competition! As always, we are looking for Vagabond’s very best on-tour photographers.
This month’s Vagabond photo competition winner will win a Handwoven Throw from Eddie Doherty.
The prize was graciously donated to us by one of Ireland’s most well-known tweed makers – Eddie Doherty.
Scroll down for details on how to enter.
And don’t worry If you’re not going on a tour until later in 2018 – We will have super-exciting photo competitions with great prizes running throughout the season.
A handwoven throw, woven by Eddie Doherty in his workshop in Ardara, County Donegal.
How to get your hands on a handcrafted throw…
Max of five entries per person. Photos can only be entered once.
About Eddie Doherty
From the Donegal town of Ardara, Eddie Doherty started weaving in 1956. Back then there were over 200 weavers in Ardara. Now the last weaver in the town, and one of only a handful in the country. Eddie Doherty has kept his craft alive by welcoming visitors into his workshop, to demonstrate this traditional skill and tell the story behind tweed making in the north-west.
With his handmade tweed, Eddie makes beautiful throws, caps, shawls, waistcoats. Perfect to keep you warm in the cooler months!
Deadline is Saturday the 30th of June 2018
The top images will be uploaded to our Facebook page on Monday the 2nd of July.
The photo with the most Facebook & Instagram likes by Wednesday the 4th of July at 12 pm Irish (so tell your friends!) will be announced the winner.
Terms & Conditions apply, see below for details.
Uploading your photo to Facebook
Facebook is the best way to send your photo(s) to the competition. When you’re on our Facebook page, just click on the box that reads ‘ Write something on this page’ and then on the photo tab. All that is left to do is upload your photo from your computer and wait to hear if you are the lucky winner.
How is the winner chosen?
As with previous photo competitions we have decided to give our Facebook fans the power to choose the winner of the July photo competition. We will upload our top 5 pictures on Monday the 2nd of June and the one photo with the most likes on Wednesday the 4th of July by 12 pm Irish time, will be crowned the winner of this amazing prize by Eddie Doherty.
Terms and Conditions
- Any entries into the photo competition might be used in Vagabonds marketing. If you wish to enter and not have your photo and or name used in Vagabonds marketing, please notify us.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of Vagabond Tours of Ireland will be final.
- The competition is not open to Vagabond Tours of Ireland employees or contractors, their immediate family members.
- The photo must be taken during a Vagabond or Driftwood Tour of Ireland in 2018.
- The image(s) must be taken by you, and you must have full copyright over the image.
- Entrant will still retain full copyright over any photo entries. Vagabond Tours of Ireland will be able to use any entries in its marketing.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- Max of five entries per person.
- Once a photo is entered, it can not be entered into subsequent photo competitions.
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- Closing date for the competition is Saturday the 30th of June 2018