We’re into our second photo competition of 2018! As always, we are looking for Vagabond’s very best on-tour photographers.
This month’s Vagabond photo competition winner will win a set of Louis Mulcahy mugs.
The prize was graciously donated to us by one of Ireland’s most famous potters: Louis Mulcahy
Scroll down for details on how to enter.
And don’t worry If you’re not going on a tour until later in 2018 – We will have super-exciting photo competitions with great prizes running throughout the season.
The lucky winner will receive a set of Louis Mulcahy mugs that come in seven different colours.
How to get your hands on these handcrafted mugs…
Max of five entries per person. Photos can only be entered once.
About Louise Mulcahy
When Louis Mulcahy won first prize for pottery in the National Crafts Competition in 1975, he decided to move his workshop from Dublin to Dingle.
For nearly fifty years Louis has spent nearly every waking moment researching materials and producing new designs.
Unlike many modern potters he does not buy ready made glazes, but makes his own glazes from natural silica, fluxes and colouring minerals. His clay bodies are blended from stoneware and porcelain clays of the highest quality.
Louis Mulcahy’s pots are by far the strongest and most durable of all handmade Pottery. They are widely recognised for their unusual long life and resistance to abuse. His tableware is guaranteed oven, microwave and dishwasher proof.
Louis continues to make all his pots at his workshop in Dingle. His work is distinctively Irish and reflects the magnificent scale and wonderful colours in the landscape of his chosen home.
Learn more about Louis Mulcahy here.
Deadline is Thursday the 31st of May 2018
The top images will be uploaded to our Facebook page on Friday the 1st of June.
The photo with the most Facebook & Instagram likes by Tuesday the 5th of May (so tell your friends!) will be announced the winner.
Terms & Conditions apply, see below for details.
Uploading your photo to Facebook
Facebook is the best way to send your photo(s) to the competition. When you’re on our Facebook page, just click in the box that reads ‘ Write something on this page’ and then on the photo tab. All that is left to do is upload your photo from your computer and wait to hear if you are the lucky winner.
How is the winner chosen?
As with previous photo competitions we have decided to give our Facebook fans the power to choose the winner of the July photo competition. We will upload our top 5 pictures on Friday the 1st of June and the one photo with the most likes on Tuesday the 5th of June by 12 pm Irish time, will be crowned the winner of this amazing prize by Louise Mulchay.
Terms and Conditions
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct or the results of a competition the decision of Vagabond Tours of Ireland will be final.
- The competition is not open to Vagabond Tours of Ireland employees or contractors, their immediate family members.
- The photo must be taken during a Vagabond or Driftwood Tour of Ireland in 2018.
- The image(s) must be taken by you, and you must have full copyright over the image.
- Entrant will still retain full copyright over any photo entries. Vagabond Tours of Ireland will be able to use any entries in its marketing.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
- Max of five entries per person.
- Once a photo is entered, it can not be entered into subsequent photo competitions.
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
- Closing date for the competition is Thursday the 31st of May 2018