Private One Day Tours
Private Wicklow Mountains Day Tours From Dublin(private groups only)
On Dublin’s southern doorstep, only 30 minutes from the city centre lies County Wicklow, the aptly named ‘Garden of Ireland’. If you only have a day and would like a snapshot of the fantastic scenery, wide range of historical sites, great activity options and traditional Irish pubs that Ireland has to offer – then maybe a tailor-made private tour of Wicklow is for you.
Some of the highlights of county Wicklow:
- The Wicklow Mountains – Ireland’s largest area of upland wilderness and the Wicklow National Park
- A coastline of sandy beaches, fishing harbours and cliff walks
- Iconic Historical sites such as the Glendalough Monastic Site or Powerscourt House and Garden
- Filming locations for major productions such as Braveheart, The Tudors, The Vikings, King Arthur (and P.S. I love you!)
- Some great activity options such as hill-walking, horse-riding and kayaking
Because our day tours to Wicklow are all private, tailor-made tours it means they are very flexible and we can work with you to build the right itinerary for you, but some of the options for a really full day out are below:
- Coastal Drive – Leave Dublin along the shore of the Irish Sea, with Islands, beaches and rock stars.
- Head for the mountains – Leave the coast behind and drive up into the Wicklow Mountains, Ireland’s largest area of upland wilderness
- Lunch in a traditional Irish pub such Jonnie Foxes Pub or picnic (not included in price)
- Mountains and Bogs – Drive up onto and through the Wicklow Mountains and experience the world of bog
- Saints and Scholars – Visit the ancient monastic city at Glendalough, nestled in the ‘Valley of the two Lakes’
- The Garden of Ireland – Visit Kilruddery or Powerscourt Houses and gardens (Entrance fee applies)
- 4X4 Tour Vehicle – Unique, cool, comfortable – a vehicle with its own sense of adventure
Price for a private day tour:
October to April – €525 per day
May – September – €675 per day
How the pricing works:
The price is based on the private hire of a vehicle and driver, so its the same for a group of 2 people as it is for a group of 12.
Whats included in the price:
- Fully licensed and insured 4×4 Land Rover or Mercedes 13-seater minibuses (we have five of them).
- Professional, experienced and friendly driver-guide
- Consultation and advice on route-planning, budgeting and travel arrangements
- Arrangement of on-tour activities
- Pick up and drop off at Dublin location of your choice
If you would like further information on our private day tours to Wicklow, please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or click on the button below to check availability and book online.