Marketing and Sales Manager
One of Ireland’s most dynamic travel brands, Vagabond Tours is the country’s leading Small Group Adventure Tour Company. Established in 2002, we are a multi award-winning company with a passion for quality and best practise in everything we do. From our exceptional customer service, our commitment to team development and to our leading role in sustainable tourism our ethos and culture is one of innovation, teamwork, professionalism and... ice cream Fridays.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Marketing and Sales Manager who is passionate about high quality, brand-focused marketing and the sales process that follows it.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is already a well-established and accomplished Marketing and Sales Manager to take ownership of this area and to further develop the marketing and commercial strategy of this an award-winning, dynamic tour company.
Roles and Responsibilities
The overarching responsibility for this role is achieving the Sales and Revenue Targets of the company. This can be divided into the following:
- Maintaining and further developing one of the most recognised and respected brands in the Irish Tourism Industry
- Working closely with the general manager and marketing director on the technical aspects of brand marketing
- To understand and communicate our tone of voice in all marketing and sales
- Managing and further developing the reporting structure for both marketing and sales
- Production and delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
Strategy and Planning
- Developing annual plans, targets, KPI’s and measurements in cooperation with management and your teams
- Monitoring industry trends and commercial landscapes for opportunities and threats
Sales and Reservations
- Managing day-to-day sales and reservations activities
- Trade Sales - Developing and implementing strategies to develop B2B sales further
Managing relationships with the following external organisation types:
- Tourist Boards
- Agencies - Digital marketing, Systems etc
- Attending trade events and conferences - at home and abroad
- To continue the current process of CRM systems implementation
- Implementing new loyalty program system
Team Development and Management
- Leading two teams of 2 people on a daily basis
- Ensuring connectivity and co-ordination between the teams
- Setting Key Performance Indicators for Teams and working in a collaborative manner to achieve them
- Developing each team member to their full potential
- Delivering staff appraisals
The Successful Candidate...
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the areas of strategic marketing planning, traditional marketing, social media, website development, SEO, PPC campaigns, database management and development, marketing, administration and customer engagement. They will also have several years experience in consumer sales.
- Have worked for a leading, stand-out brand in its field, this does not have to be tourism. Be results driven, self-motivated, tenacious and ready to take on any challenge.
- Be organised, focused, task oriented, disciplined and a great communicator.
- Have high standards and be described as someone who gives 100% and gets the job done right the first time.
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Enjoy being part of a dynamic team that are constantly striving for the best.
Desired Skills and experience Requirements:
- Thrive on leading a team
- Planning and strategy
- Strong experience in digital and traditional marketing methods including brand development, PR and copywriting.
- Strong communication skills - internally, and with stakeholders and external partners
- The ideal candidate will possess a third level marketing or digital marketing focused degree
- Several years experience in managing teams
- Strong skills in the area of social media including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, review boards and sites (eg.Trip advisor) and google analytics.
- Excellent IT skills, confident in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp and CRM systems. (microsoft and google)
- Some prior knowledge and a keen interest in website development and SEO.
- Reporting and Measurement around marketing activities and overall results.
- A reliable individual with the motivation and drive to succeed in all the tasks you undertake.
- A high level of commercial awareness and drive
You will report to the General Manager and work closely with that person and the Company Directors while overseeing the 2 person marketing team and the 2 person sales team. The key emphasis of this role is to deliver on the marketing plan on a day to day basis to drive customer enquiries and sales conversions through our website, digital marketing channels and sales team.
You will also work closely with the directors of the company.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience and qualifications.
3% contributory pension scheme is offered to all employees