Vagabond is Ireland’s leading small group adventure tour operator and a winner of multiple industry and customer awards.
The role will involve exposure to virtually all aspects of running the business, working across a number of teams. It is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative company environment, where our motto is ‘We want you to love Ireland as much as we do’.
The right candidate will work with our Sales and Reservations Team in the following areas:
Customer Relations - Engaging with clients and bringing them along their entire customer journey from initial enquiry to the moment they begin their tour. This includes ascertaining their tour requirements, entering details into booking system, following up by email and phone, and answering all queries in a timely fashion.
Booking Administration and Tour Operations - Real-time liaising with accommodation suppliers to ensure that our customers accommodation expectations and needs are met. Validating bookings and invoices, preparing tour documents and equipment, including guest packages, vehicle, tour and guide equipment. From time to time you may also be required to assist in other areas of the business.
You will receive training in:
- Customer service standards
- Sales techniques
- Reservations software implementation and operation
- Booking procedures and processes.
The Successful Candidate...
- Be fluent in spoken and written English, with good interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, good oral and written communication skills.
- Have excellent all round computer skills. Be familiar and comfortable with the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite (including Google docs and sheets).
- Be a people person, with a good telephone manner and able to take accurate notes and have a good eye for detail.
The successful applicant will be based in our offices at Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow and will report to the Sales and Reservations Manager.
Hours: 35hr week, normally 9.30am to 5pm but at times the hours can vary.
How to Apply
Do you have the drive, enthusiasm, skills (and humour) we’re looking for? If so, please apply via this Jobs.ie listing with cover letter and CV no later than 22nd November 2019.
Category: Secretarial / Admin / PA, Call-Centre / Customer Service.
Terms: Permanent, Full-time