6 Day Tour To The Edge of The World
6 Day Tour To The Edge of The World
This 6 day tour is a fantastic introduction to Ireland, it covers the south west of Ireland, an area that typifies Ireland’s best scenery and once thought to be the edge of the world. There is so much to see and do, some great activities, lots of time off the vehicles, free time to meet the locals and explores the colourful, vibrant communities that we visit along the way. View Full Itinerary Here.
About This Tour
This Vagabond tour covers an area that typifies Ireland's best scenery, warmest welcomes, cosy pubs, and fascinating history. There is so much to see and do, some great activities, lots of time off the vehicles, free time to meet the locals and explores the colourful, vibrant communities that we visit along the way. Six superb days are spent in an area once thought to be the edge of the world, including The majestic beauty of the ring of Kerry, the green fields, Pubs and Dolphin of Dingle, the magic of the Blarney Stone, and West Cork.
The tour heads down to the South-wet of Ireland and is centred around three beautiful Peninsulas - The Dingle, Beara and Iveragh (the last one being famously known as 'The Ring of Kerry). Each one is uniquely different, giving the tour an immense variety of scenery with four very distinct and superb overnight stops.
Combine your trip with a weekend in Dublin and you will never want to go home.
Tours starting/finishing point:
Revel at some of Europe's very best scenery, including:
- Ireland's highest mountain range The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- The Green fields and stone walls of Dingle
- Ireland's rugged Wild Atlantic Way
- The Caher Mountains of the Beara Peninsula
- The green inland scenery of areas such as the Golden Vale in Tipperary
Enjoy some of Ireland's most popular and worthwhile tourist destinations:
- Blarney Castle to kiss the magical Blarney Stone
- Killarney National Park
Enjoy some fantastic activity options:
- Walking and hiking through some of Ireland's best scenery
- Horse-riding on the Dingle Peninsula
- Mountain biking or bike touring in the Killarney National Park.
- Sea-kayaking with Fungi the Dolphin
- Try your hand at surfing an Atlantic Wave
- Learn the ancient art of "Vagaball"!
Wonder at some of Ireland's historical treasures and experience the rich historical past of the region, from Stone Age man to the modern age:
- Visit The Rock of Cashel
- Optional trip to the Skellig islands, one of Ireland's UNESCO World Heritage sites and a scene location for Star Wars - The Force Awakens.
- Ancient neolithic stone circles, celtic ring forts, castles, monastic sites and megalithic tombs
Explore three of Ireland's most diverse south western Peninsulas and the West coast:
- The majestic Iveragh peninsula (better known as the Ring of Kerry)
- The rugged Beara Peninsula (also known as the ‘undiscovered peninsula’)
- The rolling hills of the Dingle Peninsula
Take some free time to explore local communities and meet the Irish people in locations such as:
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
Some fun little side trips:
- Visit a working sheep farm for a demonstration of working dogs and also sheep shearing
- Take a boat trip to try spotting Dingle's most friendly occupant - Funghi the Dolphin in Dingle Bay
And at night:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland's best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality, locally owned guesthouse and small hotel accommodation in small, friendly local communities.
- Off-the-beaten-track adventure in Vagabond 4X4 tour vehicle.
- Services of highly-trained professional Vagabond tour guide.
- Five nights accommodation (2 nights B&B, 3 nights hotel).
- 5 full Irish breakfasts.
- Fantastic guided walks
- Entrance to the Blarney Stone and Rock of Cashel
- Demonstrations of local craftspeople at work
- Train journey to or from the west of Ireland on certain departures.
- All relevant taxes.
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you pay your deposit.
- Loads of laughs.
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking. We have never cancelled a tour. That's a promise.
We try to keep any additional costs to a minimum, and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the historical sites we visit are free to enter, as of course are the walks and beaches. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
- Lunches and evening meals
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Horse-riding - €30 for an hour
- Sea-Kayaking - €45 for three hours
- NaomhOg Rowing - €25 for 1 and a half hours
- Cycle touring or mountain-biking in Killarney National Park - €30
- Boat trip to the Skellig Islands (extremely weather dependent) - €70 - selected departures only. Please check in with us for further details.
- Surfing lesson for the brave - €35
- Vehicle:4x4 Land Rover or Mercedes 'Vagatron'
- Activity:Activity options include great hikes, kayaking, horse-riding, cycling and boat trips. Plus lots of history and culture. If this sounds too active, then we suggest a Driftwood 6 or 7 day tour.
- Pace Of Tour:6 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
Excellent small group tour (14 in our group). Went to small, out-of-the-way places, including many family-owned hotels. Smaller van allowed for access not open to large tour buses. Something for everyone.. - 5 star *****
More Tours Like This
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
8 Day Kerry UnCorked TourFind Out More...
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
8 Day Wild Irish Rover TourFind Out More...