8 Day Kerry UnCorked Tour
8 Day Kerry UnCorked Tour
Come and see Ireland through Irish eyes! This immersive adventure and cultural tour allows you to really get to know south western Ireland and its people. It’s a region of Ireland that typifies the very best that the country has to offer in terms of scenery, adventure, history, living heritage and hospitality. So we wanted to spend even more time there. View Full Itinerary here.
About This Tour
Come and see Ireland through Irish eyes! This immersive adventure and cultural tour allows you to really get to know south western Ireland and its people. It’s a region of Ireland that typifies the very best that the country has to offer in terms of scenery, adventure, history, living heritage and hospitality. So we wanted to spend even more time there.
Its an area we previously covered in 6 days, but we now explore in 8 days and these extra two days and nights make a massive difference and allow the tour to get under the skin of the communities and locations along the route.
You now have more time to enjoy the activities and experiences that are the essence of any Vagabond adventure: the activity, great scenery, history and culture and local people – and also take it one step further and add in some fantastic new experiences and encounters, such as:
- Become a shepherd for the day and experience firsthand the life of a hill farmer in Ireland
- Overnight in some unique accommodation such as luxury shoreline ‘Glamping’ and staying in a family owned stately home
- Kayak in the coves of West Cork and forage among the abundant food naturally available
- Join in or observe a local sporting team’s training session
- Enjoy a hands on cooking demonstration of some traditional Irish recipes
- Spend two night stays in two separate vibrant small towns, including Kinsale (for the first time on a Vagabond tour) and Dingle
- Meet local artisan food producers and craftsmen and see them at work
- Play golf with a local in Dingle
Tours starting/finishing point:
Here are some of the great highlights of the tour:
Immerse yourself in some hands-on authentic local experiences:
- Become a shepherd for a day for a fascinating and active look at rural life in Ireland today
- Meet local artisan craftsmen and see how their skills are very much alive
- Join or observe a training session at a local sporting club
Enjoy some fantastic activity options
- Walking and hiking through some of Ireland’s best scenery
- Horse-riding on the Dingle Peninsula
- Sea-kayaking and foraging for food in West Cork
- Cycling in the Killarney National Park
- Try your hand at surfing an Atlantic Wave
- Take a boat trip to try spot Dingle’s most Friendly occupant - Fungie the Dolphin in Dingle Bay
- Learn the ancient art of “Vagaball’!
Revel at some of Europe’s very best scenery, including:
- Ireland’s highest mountain range The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- The green fields and stone walls of Dingle
- Ireland’s wild and rugged Atlantic coastline
- The Caher Mountains of the Beara Peninsula
- The hidden inlets and coves of West Cork
Enjoy some of Ireland’s most popular and worthwhile tourist destinations:
- Blarney Castle to kiss the magical Blarney Stone
- Killarney National Park
- Wonder at some of Ireland’s historical treasures and experience the rich historical past of the region, from Stone Age man to the modern age.
- Visit The Rock of Cashel
- Optional trip to the Skellig Islands, one of Ireland’s UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Ancient Neolithic stone circles, Celtic ring forts, castles, monastic sites and built tombs
Take some free time to explore local communities and meet the Irish people in locations such as:
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- Ireland’s gourmet capital, Kinsale and its world class restaurants
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
And at night:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland’s best pubs and restaurants.
- Spend two nights in the vibrant seaside town of Dingle in the 5 star guesthouse, Emlagh House and also two nights in Ireland’s gourmet capital, Kinsale at the Blue Haven Hotel
- One night in Luxury ‘Glamping’ safari style tents over looking the sea at Dromquinna Manor
- One night living like a Lord or Lady in Bantry House stately home
- A night in boutique guesthouse accommodation in the small, local community of Caherciveen on the Ring of Kerry
- Off the beaten track adventure in Vagabond 4X4 tour vehicle.
- Services of highly trained professional Vagabond tour guide
- 8 FULL days on tour
- 7 nights top quality accommodation - inculding one night Glamping and one night in a stately home
- 7 Full Irish breakfasts. (Lunches and evening meals not included)
- Most daily activities and visits including
- Shepherd for the Day Experience
- Historical sites such as the Rock of Cashel and the Blarney Stone
- All relevant taxes.
- See local craftspeople at work
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs
Optional Extras description
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the historical sites we visit are free to enter, as of course are the walks and beaches. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Horse-riding - €30 for an hour
- Sea-Kayaking - €45 for three hours
- NaomhOg Rowing - €25 for 1 and a half hours
- Visit to working sheep farm – €7
- Bike touring or mountain biking in Killarney National Park - €30
- Boat trip to the Skellig Islands (extremely weather dependent) - €75 May, June & Sept, €80 July & Aug - selected departures only. Please check in with us for further details.
- Surfing - E30-35 for a two hours lesson, including all equipment hire.
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro's.
- Vehicle:Normally the 4X4 Land Rover 'Vagatron's'. Vehicles with their own unique spirit of adventure.
- Activity:Designed to be our most active tour, and also our most experiential one.
- Pace Of Tour:If you want as much time off the vehicle as possible, then this is the tour for you. It covers less of Ireland, which means less travelling and more doing. There may be fewer of the famous highlights, but this is more than made up for by some great local experiences.
“This was our third tour with Vagabond and we will keep coming back. Rob and company have put together a great trip with two days in Dingle, two days in Kinsale and three other stops in Cork and Kerry. Fantastic activities such as kayaking, bicycling, hiking and a trip to Skellig Michael. Outstanding accommodations, great food, comfortable travel and excellent guides. Five star rating in all categories.”
More Tours Like This
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
6 Day Tour To The Edge of The WorldFind Out More...
8 Day Wild Irish Rover TourFind Out More...