Vagabond Tours of Ireland (referred to as we, our, Vagabond Tours) respects and protects the privacy of information submitted on this website, vagabondtoursofireland.com (the “Site”) in compliance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 – 2018 and The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This Privacy Statement applies to all websites and domains owned by Vagabond Tours.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our Site. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these third-party websites.
What type of information do we collect?
There are 2 types of information we collect on this Site. The first one is Automatic, or Non-Personal Information and the second is Personal Identifiable Information.
Automatic Information is the information automatically made available by your web browser to our web server every time you visit our Site. The type of information collected by our web server includes your computer's IP address, browser type, operating system version, time spent on our Site and your geographic location. This anonymous data is used for statistical purposes only to help us improve the user’s experience of our Site. By using our Site, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us. Most non-personal information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies. For more information see our Cookies Policy.
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
PII as generally described, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context.
Why Do We Collect PII
We collect and process PII relating to you in respect of your use of this Site and our relationship with you to provide you with the information you requested, to send you personalised information about our tours, keep you up to date on offers and new events and to complete a tour booking in accordance.
Where Do We Collect PII
Vagabond Tours collects personal information that you supply to us on our Site. We may also collect your PII using other means such as by phone or by email.
We collect PII from five types of Site forms
- Enquiry Forms
- Contact Forms
- Booking Forms & Pre Tour Surveys
- Newsletter Signup Forms
- Job applications
What PII do we collect?
Typically we collect the following personal information:
- Your name and contact details, including your email address, phone number and postal address;
- Your age range and contact/marketing preferences;
- Details of any relevant medical conditions;
- Your credit/debit card or bank account details;
- Your user ID and password to your account on our Site;
- For job applications, your resume may include details of your education, previous employment and referees.
- The IP address from which you access the website (an IP address is the number automatically assigned to your computer when you are online);
- Any other information relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of the website.
What do we use your information for?
We use this information to keep you informed of up and coming tours and events with Vagabond Tours, answer your enquiries, improve our level of service, book your tour and appropriate accommodation and to allow us to conduct our tours in the safest and most inclusive manner possible.
We use PII for the purposes of making and receiving payments in the ordinary course of business.
Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding our products or services. We will give you the opportunity to choose your privacy preferences regarding such communications.
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16 and do not target our Site to children under 16.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are:
- That this is necessary for the performance of tasks that we carry out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us by law;
- That this is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that applies to us;
- That this is necessary for the performance of our contract with you; or
- That you have given your consent to the processing.
Requirement to Provide Personal Data
You are not under any obligation, statutory or contractual, to provide us with any personal data. If you choose to book a tour with us, there is some information that you must provide to us so that we can enter into a contract with you and process your payment, such as your name, contact details and your debit/credit or bank account details. If you do not provide us with this information, you will not be able to make a booking with us
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain & safeguard your personal information when you make a booking or when your personal information is accessed.
We use a secure server so that all supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database (REALEX/FLYWIRE). We do not see or store your card details when you make an online transaction.
However, the nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet will be 100% secure.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are used on almost all websites to help improve the user’s experience. Simply put, Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer or laptop. They can be accessed by the web server or the user’s computer. As mentioned they are used to enhance your experience whilst visiting our Site, for example a page can be tailored to the users specific needs based on how the user browses the page.
We use the information gathered from Cookies to make our Site better for you. They help us to identify problems, fix errors and to improve how we display our pages to you. The information we store only lasts for the length of time the user is on our website. We use Google Analytics to understand how users’ experience our website. PII is not stored at any time.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Do we disclose any information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to third parties.
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes including:
- To trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you, such as outsourced service providers e.g Trustpilot, IT service providers, professional advisers and auditors, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential as part of their contract with us.
- To other members of our corporate group;
- To any successor owners or operators of the Site; and
- To other public authorities and bodies where required or permitted by law, such as the Gardaí or other law enforcement authorities for the purposes of the prevention, investigation or detection of crime.
We also reserve the right to enforce our Site policies in order to protect our rights and the rights of other individuals in a manner that is safe and compliant with the law.
Retention of information
Transfer of information
For residents of countries within the EEA, in connection with the above we may transfer your personal data outside the EEA, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union, for example the United States of America. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. These may include (i) entering into a contract governing the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or (ii) where the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or (iii) seeking and obtaining your explicit consent to the transfer. If you would like to receive further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating, verifying and deleting personal data
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access your personal data;
- The right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- The right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- The right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- Where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email us at email@example.com or write to Communications, Vagabond Tours Unit 52, Newtown Business and Enterprise Park, Newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow, Ireland. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the fee prescribed under the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018.
Vagabond Tours of Ireland, Unit 52, Newtown Business & Enterprise Park, Newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow, Ireland.
Ireland: +353 (0) 1 563 4358
From USA (Toll Free): 833 230 0288
From Canada (Toll Free): 833 681 6903