Group sizes vary widely between tour operators in Ireland.
Some companies offer large coach tours with up to 60 guests. Small-group tours restrict guest numbers.
Benefits of Small Group Tours
At Vagabond and Driftwood Tours, we think small is beautiful.
Taking a small-group tour of Ireland will give you the following benefits:
- Tour guides can allocate more of their time and energy to each guest, resulting in improved service levels for you versus a larger tour group!
- You will be on first-name terms with your tour guide.
- You will have more opportunity to bond with your fellow travellers while on tour, at mealtimes and at each hotel stop.
- It takes less time to get on and off your tour vehicle.
- It takes less time to check-in and out of each hotel.
- You will be able to hear everyone on your tour vehicle and your tour guide will be able to hear all questions, even from the back seat!
- Your more compact tour vehicle can access small roads and authentic, out-of-the-way destinations that are difficult or impossible for large coaches to reach.
- Because your small-group tour of Ireland will go off the beaten tourist track, you can safely expect less crowds and queues than at the most popular attractions.
- The communities that we visit receive more direct benefits from multi-day small-group tours than big coach tours or day tours. By staying at family-owned and independent hotels rather than chain hotels, for example, your small-group tour makes a direct and positive economic impact in the local community.
- Our vehicles are highly fuel-efficient and have smaller engines than coaches. As a result, your carbon footprint will be lower on a small-group tour.