Working with Vagabond
If you are interested in working with Vagabond Tours, please get in touch. We are currently recruiting for the roles below:
2019 – If you think that guiding visitors around Ireland for up to 12 days at a time sounds like the best job in the world, please send us an email with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only apply for 2019 if you already hold a D or D1 bus licence and CPC’s, or have already started working towards getting your licence.
Role: Management Trainee Position – Operations and Product Development
This full time, permanent role is a great opportunity to become part of the Vagabond HQ team, within Transport, Operations and Product Development. It will also include exposure to and involvement with the other teams at HQ, Marketing and Sales and Reservations. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis, both internally and externally. The role is aimed towards someone looking to develop a career in management in tourism, transport, hospitality or customer service. In time we hope to be able to offer promotional prospects within Vagabond (though we can’t guarantee it!), but this role will also provide superb experience and training that would be recognised and valued by other employers. This is a full-time role, mainly office and yard based in the off-season (November to March) and during the season there will be time required on the road as a Driver Guide. The role will require at least two full seasons on the road as a driver guide for Vagabond from beginning the role – but could be seen as a possible stepping stone into full time management either at Vagabond or within the industry.
Vagabond is Ireland’s only 4X4 adventure tour company, taking award winning trips to some of the most beautiful and remote parts of the country. Each tour is a blend of outdoor activity, sightseeing, scenery, local historical and cultural information and loads of laughs.
We are passionate about offering a fantastic experience to our customers and require the highest level of dedication and professionalism from all our team. In return, we are prepared to spend considerable time and effort into developing people into our guiding roles.
Our guests come from all over the world and across a wide spectrum of ages and backgrounds. But they are all here to relax, unwind and enjoy Ireland.
If you would be interested in being a driver-guide and taking tours lasting between 6-12 days – then we would be interested in hearing from you. It is hard work and you will be away from home, but is also great fun, a healthy way of life and very rewarding (you also get a great tan). Plus the pay is OK too.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of vehicle for trip including
- Ensuring it is clean, has cleaning equipment, first aid kit, tool kit, walking kit etc
- Mechanical Check – following check list
- Safety and contentment of groups of guests
- Taking care of Minibus or 4 x 4 Tour vehicle and Trailer when on tour (plus equipment)
- Imparting excellent all round knowledge of Ireland to guests
- Loading guests and luggage each morning
- Full delivery of tour information through out tour
- Organising activities, BBQ’s, walks etc on tour
- Accompanying passengers on walks, on beaches etc
- Driving 4×4 tour vehicle or mini coach
- Checking in guests to accommodations at end of each day.
- Cleaning vehicle inside and out
- Post tour vehicle checks
Other duties: These may vary, and activities outside the role of driver-guide would be optional
- Class D or D1 Passenger Carrying Vehicle Licence
- Tourism or touring experience would be an advantage but not essential. Customer service experience also handy.
- A ‘People Person’- Patient, outgoing, independent, with initiative, reliable, punctual, personable. You don’t have to be the life and soul of the party, but good interpersonal skills are a must.
How to Apply
If you feel you have what it takes to be a Vagabond tour guide, please email email@example.com