Working with Vagabond
If you are interested in working with Vagabond Tours, please get in touch. We are currently recruiting for the roles below:
2017 – If you do not hold the required licenses (as above) but you think that guiding visitors around Ireland for up to 12 days at a time sounds like the best job in the world, please send us an email with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Vagabond is Ireland’s only 4X4 adventure tour company, taking award winning trips to some of the most beautiful and remote parts of the country. Each tour is a blend of outdoor activity, sightseeing, scenery, local historical and cultural information and loads of laughs.
Please only apply for 2016 if you already hold a D or D1 bus license and CPC’s. If you are looking for work for the 2017 season, and you don’t have the license, but are interested in getting it – then please send in your details.
We are passionate about offering a fantastic experience to our customers and require the highest level of dedication and professionalism from all our team. In return, we are prepared to spend considerable time and effort into developing people into our guiding roles.
Our passengers come from all over the world and across a wide spectrum of ages and backgrounds. But they are all here to relax, unwind and enjoy Ireland.
If you would be interested in being a driver-guide and taking tours lasting between 5-12 days – then we would be interested in hearing from you.It is hard work and you will be away from home, but is also great fun, a healthy way of life and very rewarding (you also get a great tan). Plus the pay is OK too.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of vehicle for trip including
- Ensure it is clean, has full hamper, cleaning equipment, first aid kit, tool kit, walking kit etc
- Mechanical Check – following check list
- Safety and contentment of groups of passengers
- Minibus or Land Rover Tour vehicle and Trailer when on tour (plus equipment)
- Excellent all round knowledge of Ireland
- Loading passengers and luggage each morning
- Full delivery of tour information through out tour
- Organising activities, BBQ’s, walks etc on tour
- Accompanying passengers on walks, on beaches etc
- Driving 4×4 tour vehicle or mini coach
- Checking in passengers to accommodations at end of each day.
- Cleaning vehicle inside and out
- Post tour vehicle checks
Other duties: These may vary, and activities outside the role of driver-guide would be optional
- Class D or D1 Passenger Carrying Vehicle License
- Tourism or touring experience would be an advantage but not essential. Customer service experience also handy.
- A ‘People Person’- Patient, outgoing, independent, with initiative, reliable, punctual, personable. You don’t have to be the life and soul of the party, but good interpersonal skills are a must.
How to Apply
If you feel you have what it takes to be a Vagabond tour guide, please email firstname.lastname@example.org