You'll need basic mobility to enjoy our tours as some walking is required on all itineraries.
☘️ Driftwood - Average Fitness & Mobility Required
On a Driftwood Journey of Disovery, the pace is easy.
Driftwooders don't hike, they stroll!
People with a basic level of fitness will be fine.
It is crucial that you are able to step into the tour vehicle unaided. Or, if that is not possible, that you travel with someone who can assist you.
To fully enjoy all of the cultural and historical experiences on a Driftwood tour, you should be able to walk for between ¼ to ½ a mile and stand for 30-60 minutes at a time.
Learn more about mobility requirements and wheelchair users
🥾 Vagabond - Moderate Fitness Required
Vagabond Cultural Adventures are centred around adventure activities.
We think you'll enjoy Vagabond if you're an active person with at least a moderate level of fitness.
More detail on Vagabond hikes:
- Hikes can last up to 2.5 hours
- The terrain can be rough, steep, wet or uneven. On rare occasions, the ground underfoot is all four!
- We generally walk at a gentle group pace 2-3mph (3-5kph).
- Hikes can happen each day on some departures but...
- ...The degree of difficulty and frequency of hikes will be dependent on each tour group's abilities and preferences.
- We strongly recommend you give hiking a go but you are free to opt-out or in to all hikes on tour.
- A busy day on an Vagabond adventure tour can clock up between 25,000 and 50,000 steps.
The following adventure activities are optional — you can choose to partake or opt-out:
- 🛶 Sea Kayaking and Rowing can last for up to 3 hours on the open ocean with waves, wind and, occasionally, rain.
- 🚴♀️ Bike tours happen on traffic-free trails and paved roads with undulating — but not steep — terrain. They can last for up to 2.5 hours.
- 🐴 Both horseback-riding and sea kayaking carry personal weight limits. Please check personal weight limits for adventure activities to avoid embarrassment.