The Differences between a Vagabond adventure tour and a Driftwood Journey of Discovery
Compare Vagabond and Driftwood Tours
We have created the table below to help explain the differences and similarities between the ‘Vagabond Adventures Tours’ and the ‘Driftwood small group journeys of discovery’.
Travel in our chunky funky 4X4 ‘Vagatrons’
All the Vagabond tours travel in one of our Land Rover or Mercedes 4X4 ‘Vagatrons’. They are perfectly comfortable and add a real spirit of adventure right from the start of the trip.
Travel in our sleek and super-comfy ‘Drifter’ minicoaches
All the Driftwood tours glide along in one of our extremely smart and comfortable green ‘Drifters’ which is either a Mercedes or Volkswagen mini-coach.
Some great hikes
We try and include a hike every day on a Vagabond tour. These can last up to 2.5 hours and cover up to 5 miles (8km’s) on uneven paths over undulating terrain. We suggest a moderate level of fitness is required to enjoy the hikes on a Vagabond adventure.
More of a stroll…
If you would like to stroll through local villages, stately homes and gardens and to historical sites – then Driftwood would be perfect for you.
Activity and Adventure options
We have some excellent activity options available on our adventure tours, including:
- Sea-kayaking (3 hours session under full supervision)
- Horse-riding (1 hour on the beach)
- Cycling (2 hours in the Killarney National Park)
- Skellig Michael Trip (including boat trip, a climb up
100’s of steps with no handle and no toilet for 5 hours!)
- Surfing – for the really hardy people.
All activities and walks are optional and require a moderate level of fitness, we suggest that if you would imagine not partaking in most of them, then to consider a Driftwood tour instead
Excellent less active options
The Driftwood tours include equally enjoyable, less active options. Including:
- A jaunting car ride though the Killarney National Park (a horse and open carriage ride)
- Visits to gardens such as Garinish Island, Bantry House and Muckross House
- An Irish cooking lesson (TBC)
- Visit to local a artisan craft workshop
- Less physical strolls on hard surfaces or good paths to scenic locations and historical sites
Upbeat tour pace
Generally the Vagabond tours tend to move at a slightly quicker pace, ideal for those who want to feel they are on the go, in a refreshing kind of way.
More relaxed tour pace
Driftwood, as the name suggests, takes a bit more time getting from A to B, there is more free time at certain locations.