6 Day Northern Island Tour
6 Day Northern Island Tour
This small group tour will take you to one of Ireland’s most off-the-beaten-path regions; Northern and northwestern Ireland. Explore a diverse, intriguing and beautiful destination, staying in some of Ireland’s best boutique hotels.
Be surprised by urban Northern Ireland; take a black cab tour of gritty, vibrant Belfast, with its dynamic street art and firsthand accounts of turbulent 20th century history; walk the ramparts of Derry, Ireland’s only walled city, to gain a full understanding of Ireland today. Journey through centuries of fascinating history, dramatic scenery and legendary places.
2019 Tour Dates
About This Tour
Northern and North-western Ireland has so much to offer as one of the most diverse, intriguing and beautiful areas of Western Europe and with Vagabond to show you around, it will be a tour that you will never forget.
From the wilds of Donegal to the legends of the Giants Causeway, the Glens and beaches of the Antrim coastline and the historic cities of Belfast and Derry, Vagabond will make sure that you visit areas that other tourists simply don't reach.
Like all Driftwood tours, the trip is an awesome blend of great scenery, fresh air, local culture and history and loads of laughs. Our small group sizes mean an amazing degree of flexibility, so every trip is different and molded to suit you and your fellow passengers.
Our small groups also allow us to stay in small out-of-the-way hotels, offering a warm friendly welcome and first class accommodation. All rooms have private bathrooms and most come with TV's and tea and coffee facilities.
Tours starting/finishing point:
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Absorb the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- Head truly off the beaten track in Donegal, one of Ireland’s most remote and beautiful regions
- Immerse yourself in the pristine beauty of Glenveagh National Park
- Tour the epic Causeway Coastal Route
- Lose yourself amid lush, green inland scenery
RELISH SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Step onto the stunning Antrim coast at the legendary Giant's Causeway
- Test your fear of heights at the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge
- Discover the world’s largest Titanic attraction
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Shout from the battlements of mythical castles
- Peer into portal tombs older than the pyramids
- Stand in awe at ancient Celtic ring forts
- Dig into the contested history of buzzing Belfast on a Black Cab Tour
- Walk the ramparts of Derry, Ireland’s only complete walled city
- Admire the world’s finest medieval Celtic crosses at Monasterboice
TAKE SOME FREE TIME TO EXPLORE LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND MEET THE IRISH PEOPLE IN LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- The vibrant and buzzing Westport town
- The resurgent Northern Irish cities of Derry and Belfast
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Take a boat trip to see the dramatic sea cliffs at Slieve Liag
- Tour Bushmills, the oldest working whiskey distillery in the world
- Meet master weavers, craft brewers and artisans of crystal carving
...AND AT NIGHT:
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland’s best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland’s clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
✔️ A journey of discovery in a super-comfy, slick Mercedes Benz/Volkswagen mini-coach
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 6 full days on tour
✔️ 5 nights' accommodation
✔️ 5 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Entrance to Giant's Causeway; Doe Castle/Donegal Castle; Walking Tour of Derry
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
✔️ Loads of laughs and fun along the way!
Your guide will discuss options with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly. Please note, this tour has stops in both the Republic of Ireland (EU eurozone) and Northern Ireland (UK). You will require both Euro (€) and Sterling (£) cash.
- Black Cab Tour of Belfast: £10
- Titanic Centre: £18.50
- Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge: £7
- Dunluce Castle - £5.50
- Bushmills Distillery Tour: £7
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Comfortable Mercedes or Volkswagen 16 seater 'Drifter' Mini-coach.
- Activity:Easy. No hikes or adventure activities.
- Pace Of Tour:A more relaxed pace of tour. Free time and days are filled with scenery, history and culture
I’m still reeling from the sights of this 6-day tour of Northern Ireland: striking geologic formations, ancient cities and castles, dramatic coastlines.