6 Day Northern Island Tour
6 Day Northern Island Tour
This small group tour will take you to one of Ireland’s most off-the-beaten-path regions; Northern and northwestern Ireland. Explore a diverse, intriguing and beautiful destination, staying in some of Ireland’s best boutique hotels.
Be surprised by urban Northern Ireland; take a black cab tour of gritty, vibrant Belfast, with its dynamic street art and firsthand accounts of turbulent 20th century history; walk the ramparts of Derry, Ireland’s only walled city, to gain a full understanding of Ireland today. Journey through centuries of fascinating history, dramatic scenery and legendary places.
2019 Tour Dates
April 7, 21; May 5, 19; June 16, 30; July 14, 28; August 11, 25; September 8, 22; October 6.
About This Tour
Northern and North-western Ireland has so much to offer as one of the most diverse, intriguing and beautiful areas of Western Europe and with Vagabond to show you around, it will be a tour that you will never forget.
From the wilds of Donegal to the legends of the Giants Causeway, the Glens and beaches of the Antrim coastline and the historic cities of Belfast and Derry, Vagabond will make sure that you visit areas that other tourists simply don't reach.
Like all Driftwood tours, the trip is an awesome blend of great scenery, fresh air, local culture and history and loads of laughs. Our small group sizes mean an amazing degree of flexibility, so every trip is different and molded to suit you and your fellow passengers.
Our small groups also allow us to stay in small out-of-the-way hotels, offering a warm friendly welcome and first class accommodation. All rooms have private bathrooms and most come with TV's and tea and coffee facilities.
Tours starting/finishing point:
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY, INCLUDING:
- The Glens of Antrim
- The Stunning Causeway coast in Northern Ireland
- The Mountains of Donegal
- The Cliffs and beaches of Ireland’s Atlantic Coastline
- The Wilds of Mayo
- The Glenveigh National Park
ENJOY SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST POPULAR AND WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- The Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge
- The Giants Causeway
- The Titanic Experience visitor centre in Belfast
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES AND EXPERIENCE THE RICH HISTORICAL PAST OF THE REGION, FROM STONE AGE MAN TO THE MODERN AGE.
- Celtic ring forts, castles and burial tombs
- The Grianán of Aileach
- Learn about the modern day history of Northern Ireland, especially on the walking tour of Derry and the Black Cab tour of Belfast
- Visit the holy pilgrimage mountain of Croagh Patrick
TAKE SOME FREE TIME TO EXPLORE LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND MEET THE IRISH PEOPLE IN LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- The vibrant and buzzing Westport town
- The resurgent Northern Irish cities of Derry and Belfast
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Optional visit to Bushmills Irish Whiskey Distillery, the oldest working distillery in the world
- Test your fear of heights at the Carrick a Rede rope bridge
- Visit a traditional Irish weaver in Donegal
AND AT NIGHT:
- Live music and top quality food in excellent local pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality, locally owned guesthouse and small hotel accommodation in small, friendly local communities.
Whats included in the price:
- A journey of discovery in a Driftwood mini coach tour vehicle.
- Services of highly trained professional Driftwood tour guide
- 6 FULL days on tour
- Five nights’ accommodation
- Five Full Irish breakfasts (enough to keep you fuelled to dinner!)
- Entrance Fee included in the tour price to the Giant's Causeway Centre GB£11.50 and an in-depth walking tour of Derry - GB£4 and a castle entrance fee, Donegal or Doe Castle.
- All relevant taxes
- Guaranteed Euro tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking (we have never cancelled a tour, that's a promise)
Whats not included:
• Lunches and evening meals
Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Black Cab taxi tour of Belfast – GB£10
- Titanic Visitor Experience - GB£18.50
- Dunluce Castle - £4
- Bushmills Whiskey Distillery – GB£8
- Walls of Derry Walking Tour - GB£4
- Boat trip to Slieve League Cliffs - €20
- Hot, relaxing sea-weed bath - €25
- Glenveagh National Park - Shuttle Bus Return Ticket €2, Castle Tour €7
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the places we visit are free to enter. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years. Please note that these prices are correct at the time of publishing and may be subject to change during the season.
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Comfortable Mercedes or Volkswagen 16 seater 'Drifter' Mini-coach.
- Activity:Easy. No hikes or adventure activities.
- Pace Of Tour:A more relaxed pace of tour. Free time and days are filled with scenery, history and culture
I’m still reeling from the sights of this 6-day tour of Northern Ireland: striking geologic formations, ancient cities and castles, dramatic coastlines.