7 Day Treasure Ireland Tour
7 Day Treasure Ireland Tour
A tour with an excellent vintage, this 7-day Driftwood tour is a fantastically comprehensive Irish tour experience. Its relaxed and flexible itinerary covers some of Ireland’s best scenery and historical sites. A fantastic small group tour of the south-west and west of Ireland. A great way to see Ireland in 7 days. Please note the direction of the tour is not optional.
2019 Tour Dates
2020 Tour Dates
About This Tour
This Driftwood small group 7 day tour of Ireland covers the south-west and west of Ireland. A tour with a perfect blend of breathtaking scenery, history, culture; there are visits to some of Ireland's greatest stately homes and gardens; Free times to wander and explore the local communities we visit; excursions to a whiskey distillery, excellent accommodation, food, Irish pubs and much, much more.
We will take you to some of Ireland's best-known tourist spots like the Blarney Stone, the Ring of Kerry and the Cliffs of Moher but also because our groups and vehicles are smaller, we will also take you right away from the beaten track and show you our favourite hidden corners of Ireland.
Firstly we head south-west, through the green heart of Ireland and counties Kildare, Tipperary and Limerick to Counties Cork and Kerry. We then spend the next 4-5 days exploring the fabulous south-west of Ireland and its varied peninsulae before then weaving our way from County Kerry across the great River Shannon into County Clare.
Once here you have the limestone lunar landscape of the Burren to explore, you will have some of the very best traditional Irish music to enjoy in the pubs, you have the cliffs to marvel at. Afterward, we head up along the coast to Galway city, where we spend a couple of hours.
Last but certainly not least is the wild and rugged Connemara region, a remote and beautiful area which has a special place in the hearts of the Irish people. Nowhere quite typifies old fashioned Ireland like Connemara and so it makes a fitting location for the last night of the tour. We head back to Dublin either via Galway city or through Cong in County Mayo, stopping in Kilbeggan on the way for a bit of whiskey tasting to round of an unforgettable week.
Please see below for the list of departure dates currently available for this 7-day Driftwood “Treasure Ireland” Tour. If the dates you are interested are not available, please contact us as we may be able to release some places or schedule on another tour.
Please note that this tour each week will be travelling in either a clockwise or an anti-clockwise direction. We do advise checking with Vagabond first, especially if you are meeting up with anyone along the way or have other travel arrangements that we may need to coordinate with.
Tours starting/finishing point:
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE'S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Elevate your mood along the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- See Ireland’s highest mountain range, The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- Be mystified by the savage beauty of Connemara
- Behold the lunar limestone landscape of The Burren
- Feel the magic on the world famous Ring of Kerry
RELISH SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Stand in awe at the towering Cliffs of Moher
- Kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and Gardens
- Discover magnificent Killarney National Park
- Wonder at the iconic Rock of Cashel
VISIT SOME OF IRELAND'S GREAT HOUSES AND GARDENS:
- Blarney Castle and Gardens
- Bantry House and Gardens
- Muckross House Gardens
- Kylemore Abbey and Gardens
- Garnish Island Gardens
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Shout from the battlements of mythical castles
- Peer into portal tombs older than the pyramids
- Stand in awe at Neolithic stone circles and Celtic ring forts
- Admire the world’s finest medieval Celtic crosses at Monasterboice
EXPLORE THREE DIVERSE SOUTH WESTERN PENINSULAS:
- Majestic Iveragh - better known as the Ring of Kerry
- Rugged Beara - the ‘undiscovered peninsula’
- Knife edge cliffs and patchwork fields of the Dingle Peninsula
TAKE SOME FREE TIME TO EXPLORE LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND MEET THE IRISH PEOPLE IN LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- The vibrant and buzzing Galway city
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Visit a working sheep farm for a sheep herding and shearing demonstration
- Take a boat trip to see Dingle’s most friendly resident - Fungie the Dolphin
- Relive Tom Crean’s tale of extraordinary endurance at The South Pole Inn
- Meet master weavers, craft brewers and artisans of crystal carving
...AND AT NIGHT:
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland’s best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland’s clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
- Live like lords and ladies with a stay in a castle-style country home
✔️ A journey of discovery in a super-comfy, slick Mercedes Benz/Volkswagen mini-coach
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 7 full days on tour
✔️ 6 nights' accommodation
✔️ 6 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Entrance fees to Blarney Castle; Bantry House; the Rock of Cashel; a working sheep farm experience; Aughnanure Castle
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
✔️ Loads of laughs and fun along the way!
Your guide will discuss options with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly.
- Dingle Distillery: €15
- Boat trip in Dingle: €15-20
- Boat trip to Garnish Island: €16
- Horse drawn carriage ride in Killarney National Park: €15
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Comfortable Mercedes or Volkswagen 16 seater 'Drifter' Mini-coach.
- Activity:Easy. No hikes or adventure activities.
- Pace Of Tour:A relaxed pace of tour with free time, days are filled with scenery, history and culture.
My family toured with Kim, and had the most amazing time. The tour vastly exceeded my expectations. Rather than a bus tour feel, It was more like having a well-informed friend show you proudly around their homeland. We stayed in the most amazing accommodations and were offered meals at fabulous restaurants and pubs. My son's favorite memory was of our night in the castle and mine was the live music performance in the Dingle music shop. I can't wait to go back again!!!