7 Day Treasure Ireland Tour
7 Day Treasure Ireland Tour
A tour with an excellent vintage, this 7-day Driftwood tour is a fantastically comprehensive Irish tour experience. Its relaxed and flexible itinerary covers some of Ireland’s best scenery and historical sites. A fantastic small group tour of the south-west and west of Ireland. A great way to see Ireland in 7 days. Please note the direction of the tour is not optional.
About This Tour
This Driftwood small group 7 day tour of Ireland covers the south-west and west of Ireland. A tour with a perfect blend of breathtaking scenery, history, culture; there are visits to some of Ireland's greatest stately homes and gardens; Free times to wander and explore the local communities we visit; excursions to a whiskey distillery, excellent accommodation, food, Irish pubs and much, much more.
We will take you to some of Ireland's best-known tourist spots like the Blarney Stone, the Ring of Kerry and the Cliffs of Moher but also because our groups and vehicles are smaller, we will also take you right away from the beaten track and show you our favourite hidden corners of Ireland.
Firstly we head south-west, through the green heart of Ireland and counties Kildare, Tipperary and Limerick to Counties Cork and Kerry. We then spend the next 4-5 days exploring the fabulous south-west of Ireland and its varied peninsulae before then weaving our way from County Kerry across the great River Shannon into County Clare.
Once here you have the limestone lunar landscape of the Burren to explore, you will have some of the very best traditional Irish music to enjoy in the pubs, you have the cliffs to marvel at. Afterward, we head up along the coast to Galway city, where we spend a couple of hours.
Last but certainly not least is the wild and rugged Connemara region, a remote and beautiful area which has a special place in the hearts of the Irish people. Nowhere quite typifies old fashioned Ireland like Connemara and so it makes a fitting location for the last night of the tour. We head back to Dublin either via Galway city or through Cong in County Mayo, stopping in Kilbeggan on the way for a bit of whiskey tasting to round of an unforgettable week.
Please see below for the list of departure dates currently available for this 7-day Driftwood “Treasure Ireland” Tour. If the dates you are interested are not available, please contact us as we may be able to release some places or schedule on another tour.
Please note that this tour each week will be travelling in either a clockwise or an anti-clockwise direction. We do advise checking with Vagabond first, especially if you are meeting up with anyone along the way or have other travel arrangements that we may need to coordinate with.
Tours starting/finishing point:
Some of the great highlights you can enjoy on your Driftwood 7 day 'Treasure Ireland' Tour:
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE'S VERY BEST SCENERY, INCLUDING:
- Ireland's highest mountain range The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- The green fields and stone walls of Dingle
- Connemara's mountains, lakes, beaches and rivers
- Ireland’s wild and rugged Atlantic coastline
- The River Shannon (which we cross by ferry)
- The Burren Limestone Plateau
- The Caher Mountains of the Beara Peninsula
- The green inland scenery of areas such as the Golden Vale in Tipperary
ENJOY SOME OF IRELAND'S MOST POPULAR AND WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Blarney Castle to kiss the magical Blarney Stone
- Killarney National Park
- The Cliffs of Moher
VISIT SOME OF IRELAND'S GREAT HOUSES AND GARDENS:
- Muckross House and Gardens, Kerry
- Bantry House and Gardens, Cork
- Garnish Island Gardens, Cork
- Kylemore Abbey and Grounds, Connemara
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND'S HISTORICAL TREASURES AND EXPERIENCE THE RICH HISTORICAL PAST OF THE REGION, FROM STONE AGE MAN TO THE MODERN AGE.
- Visit The Rock of Cashel
- Ancient Neolithic Stone circles, Celtic ring forts, castles, monastic sites and built tombs
EXPLORE THREE OF IRELAND'S MOST DIVERSE SOUTH WESTERN PENINSULAS:
- The majestic Iveragh peninsula (better known as the Ring of Kerry)
- The rugged Beara Peninsula (also known as the 'undiscovered peninsula')
- The rolling hills of the Dingle Peninsula
TAKE SOME FREE TIME TO EXPLORE LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND MEET THE IRISH PEOPLE IN LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- The vibrant and buzzing Galway city
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Visit a working sheep farm for a display of working dogs and also sheep shearing
- Take a boat trip to try Spot Dingle’s most Friendly occupant - Funghi the Dolphin in Dingle Bay
AND AT NIGHT:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland's best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality, locally owned guesthouse and small hotel accommodation in small, friendly local communities.
- Spend a night in a superb Irish Castle Hotel
- A journey of discovery in a Driftwood mini coach tour vehicle
- Services of highly trained professional Driftwood tour guide
- 7 FULL days on tour
- Six nights accommodation (6 nights Hotel - one of them in an Irish castle hotel)
- Entrance fee included to the Blarney Stone €18.00, The Rock of Cashel €8.00 and the Cliffs of Moher €6.00
- Demonstrations of local craftsmen at work
- 6 Full Irish breakfasts (enough to keep you fuelled to dinner!)
- Shannon ferry tickets
- All relevant taxes
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking (we have never cancelled a tour, that's a promise)
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the places we visit are free to enter. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
Lunches and evening meals
Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Boat trip to Garnish Island – €16
- Visit to Bantry House and Gardens – €8
- Jaunting Car ride in Killarney National park – €15. A Free option is to stroll around the beautiful grounds of Killarney National Park where there are enjoyable forest trails.
- Dingle Distillery - €15
- Boat trip to see Fungi (Dingle) - €20 (approx guideline price)
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Comfortable Mercedes or Volkswagen 16 seater 'Drifter' Mini-coach.
- Activity:Easy. No hikes or adventure activities.
- Pace Of Tour:A relaxed pace of tour with free time, days are filled with scenery, history and culture.
My family toured with Kim, and had the most amazing time. The tour vastly exceeded my expectations. Rather than a bus tour feel, It was more like having a well-informed friend show you proudly around their homeland. We stayed in the most amazing accommodations and were offered meals at fabulous restaurants and pubs. My son's favorite memory was of our night in the castle and mine was the live music performance in the Dingle music shop. I can't wait to go back again!!!