7 Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour
7 Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour
Possibly our most off-the-beaten-track adventure as you travel by 4X4 tour vehicle, boat, horse, kayak, bike, surf-board and on foot through the northern half of the island of Ireland, including Northern Ireland, the north west counties of Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo and Mayo. This is a well-balanced trip including all the scenery, activity, information and service that you would expect from a Vagabond tour.
About This Tour
In 2007 Northern Ireland was named as one of the top ten places in the world to visit by Lonely Planet travel guides. Not surprising really when you consider the great scenery, fascinating history and political situation, the activity options and the genuinely warm welcome. Plus, of course, for many it is a completely new area to be explored as the peace has unfolded over the last 20 years.
Northwest and Western Ireland
Heading across to the north-west, imagine a country of wild moorland, rugged mountain ranges, dark and mysterious lakes, spectacular beaches, hidden villages, rebel castles and prehistoric forts. Donegal got on the Cool List by National Geographic this year so we have decided to spend some more time here to uncover more. Vagabond will take you to places that coach tours of Ireland simply cannot reach, and the small group sizes on the tours give us greater flexibility to tailor-make the vacation to suit each group.
It is a region with a huge amount to offer a visitor, and all in a relatively small area. You will have the chance to go for walks, ride a bike or a horse, surf an Atlantic wave, try your hand at fishing or hit a golf ball. The range of activities available is huge and qualified and experienced instructors supervise all. You'll also have the chance not to do the activities and just take it easy while we show you around.
Our small groups also allow us to stay in small out-of-the-way hotels, offering a warm friendly welcome and first class accommodation.
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Ireland’s wild and rugged Atlantic coastline
- Walk in the Mourne Mountains (Slieve Gullion)
- The Glens of Antrim and the Causeway Coast
- The Wild Moorlands and Mountains of Counties Donegal and Mayo
- Europes largest sea cliffs at Slieve League
- Generally take in the sites of Dongeal, voted by National Geographic as the 'Coolest Place on Earth'.
ENJOY SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST POPULAR AND WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- The Giant's Causeway and Carrick a Rede rope bridge
- Belfast’s cutting edge Titanic Belfast Experience
ENJOY SOME FANTASTIC ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
- Walking and hiking through some of Ireland’s best scenery
- Horse-riding on the beach
- Sea or river kayaking
- Cycling in the Glenveagh National Park or along the ‘Western Greenway’
- Try your hand at surfing an Atlantic Wave
- Learn the ancient arts of Gaelic football or hurling
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Clamber over the cliff-top ruins of Dunluce Castle
- Climb Knocknaree Mountain to Queen Maeve's tomb
- Ancient Neolithic Stone circles, Celtic ring forts, Castles, Monastic sites and burial tombs
- Take a Black cab tour of the fascinating Belfast city
- A walking tour of Londonderry/Derry city
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Optional Boat trip to foot of the Slieve League Cliffs
AND AT NIGHT:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland’s best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality locally owned hotels
- Off the beaten track adventure in Vagabond 4X4 tour vehicle
- Services of highly trained professional Vagabond tour guide
- 7 FULL days on tour
- 6 nights accommodation
- 6 full Irish breakfasts
- Most daily activities and visits
- All relevant taxes
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking (we have never cancelled a tour, thats a promise)
Price Optional Extras
- Lunches and evening meals
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Horse-riding - €30 for an hour
- Black Cab taxi tour of Belfast - GB£10
- Bushmills Whiskey Distillery – GB£7.00
- Dunluce Castle - GB£3
- Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge – GB£7
- The Titanic experience, Belfast - GB£14.75
- Boat trip to Slieve League Cliffs - €20
- Surfing - €30-35 for a two hours lesson, including all equipment hire
- Bike rental in Glenveagh National Park - €12:00 Hybrid Bike / €18:00 Electric Bike
- Bike hire for the Great Western Greenway - €30
- Ceide Fields visitor centre - €4.00
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the historical sites we visit are free to enter, as of course are the walks and beaches. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
- Vehicle:Travel in a 4X4 Land Rover or Mercedes 'Vagatron'
- Activity:Hikes, cycling, kayaking and boat trip options
- Pace Of Tour:7 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
In short, it was a truly wonderful experience that I would do again in a heartbeat. This relatively small organization feels like family now, and I think you'll feel the same way once you experience one of their tours. They really do earn your patronage. - 5 star *****