7 Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour
7 Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour
Possibly our most off-the-beaten-track adventure as you travel by 4X4 Land Rover tour vehicle, boat, horse, surf, bike and on foot through the northern half of the island of Ireland, including Northern Ireland, the north-west counties of Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo and Mayo. This is a well-balanced trip including all the scenery, activity, information and service that you would expect from a Vagabond tour.
2019 Tour Dates
About This Tour
The tours leave from Dublin city centre at 08.20am on the first morning and get back about 6 pm on the last day. So we would advise arriving at least the night before and if you would be planning to fly out on the last night, then not to book a flight before 9 pm.
In 2007 Northern Ireland was named as one of the top ten places in the world to visit by Lonely Planet travel guides. Not surprising really when you consider the great scenery, fascinating history and political situation, the activity options, and the genuinely warm welcome. Plus, of course, for many, it is a completely new area to be explored as the peace has unfolded over the last 20 years.
Northwest and Western Ireland
Heading across to the north-west, imagine a country of wild moorland, rugged mountain ranges, dark and mysterious lakes, spectacular beaches, hidden villages, rebel castles and prehistoric forts. Donegal got on the Cool List by National Geographic this year so we have decided to spend some more time here to uncover more. Vagabond will take you to places that coach tours of Ireland simply cannot reach, and the small group sizes on the tours give us greater flexibility to tailor-make the vacation to suit each group.
It is a region with a huge amount to offer a visitor, and all in a relatively small area. You will have the chance to go for walks, ride a bike or a horse, surf an Atlantic wave, try your hand at fishing or hit a golf ball. The range of activities available is huge and qualified and experienced instructors supervise all. You'll also have the chance not to do the activities and just take it easy while we show you around.
Our small groups also allow us to stay in small out-of-the-way hotels, offering a warm friendly welcome and first class accommodation.
Europes largest sea cliffs at Slieve League
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Absorb the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- Head truly off the beaten track in Donegal and Mayo, two of Ireland's most remote and beautiful regions
- Immerse yourself in the pristine beauty of Glenveagh National Park
- Tour the epic Causeway Coastal Route
- Hike Slieve Gullion, for stunning views of Armagh
- Lose yourself amid lush, green inland scenery
RELISH SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Hike the stunning Antrim coast to the world famous Giant's Causeway
- Stand in awe at the towering Slieve Liag sea cliffs
- Discover the world's largest Titanic attraction
ENJOY SOME FANTASTIC ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
- Challenge yourself with rugged hikes through incredible landscapes
- Ride a horse along a golden Irish strand
- Surf an Atlantic wave or go sea kayaking
- Bike or hike the Western Greenway, an off road trail with amazing views
- Dare to cross Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, high above the ocean waves
- Meet one of the last exponents of the dying art of Irish hand weaving
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Shout from the battlements of mythical castles
- Peer into portal tombs older than the pyramids
- Stand in awe at ancient Celtic ring forts
- Dig into the contested history of buzzing Belfast on a Black Cab Tour
- Walk the ramparts of Derry, Ireland's only complete walled city
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Optional Boat trip to the foot of the Slieve League Cliffs
...AND AT NIGHT:
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland’s best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland's clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
✔️ An off the beaten track adventure in 4x4 VagaTron Mini-coach/Land Rover
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 7 full days on tour
✔️ 6 nights' accommodation
✔️ 6 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Entrance fees to Blarney Castle; the Rock of Cashel; a working sheep farm experience.
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
Your guide will discuss options with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly. Please note, this tour has stops in both the Republic of Ireland (EU eurozone) and Northern Ireland (UK). You will require both Euro (€) and Sterling (£) cash.
- Black Cab Tour of Belfast: £10
- Bushmills Distillery Tour: £7
- Dunluce Castle: £5.50
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge: £7
- Titanic Centre, Belfast: £18.50
- Sliabh Liag Sea Cliffs Guided Boat Trip: €20
- Sligo Horse Riding: €28
- Surf Lesson in Dunfanaghy: Less than 3: €45 4 or more:€35
- Sit on top Kayaking Dunfanaghy:€35
- Western Greenway Bike Hire: €30 (€35 electric bike)
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Travel in a 4X4 Land Rover 'Vagatron'
- Activity:Hikes, cycling, kayaking and boat trip options
- Pace Of Tour:7 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
In short, it was a truly wonderful experience that I would do again in a heartbeat. This relatively small organization feels like family now, and I think you'll feel the same way once you experience one of their tours. They really do earn your patronage. - 5 star *****