7 Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour
7 Day Magnetic North Adventure Tour
Possibly our most off-the-beaten-track adventure as you travel by 4X4 Land Rover tour vehicle, boat, horse, surf, bike and on foot through the northern half of the island of Ireland, including Northern Ireland, the north-west counties of Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo and Mayo. This is a well-balanced trip including all the scenery, activity, information and service that you would expect from a Vagabond tour.
About This Tour
The tours leave from Dublin city centre at 08.20am on the first morning and get back about 6 pm on the last day. So we would advise arriving at least the night before and if you would be planning to fly out on the last night, then not to book a flight before 9 pm.
In 2007 Northern Ireland was named as one of the top ten places in the world to visit by Lonely Planet travel guides. Not surprising really when you consider the great scenery, fascinating history and political situation, the activity options, and the genuinely warm welcome. Plus, of course, for many, it is a completely new area to be explored as the peace has unfolded over the last 20 years.
Northwest and Western Ireland
Heading across to the north-west, imagine a country of wild moorland, rugged mountain ranges, dark and mysterious lakes, spectacular beaches, hidden villages, rebel castles and prehistoric forts. Donegal got on the Cool List by National Geographic this year so we have decided to spend some more time here to uncover more. Vagabond will take you to places that coach tours of Ireland simply cannot reach, and the small group sizes on the tours give us greater flexibility to tailor-make the vacation to suit each group.
It is a region with a huge amount to offer a visitor, and all in a relatively small area. You will have the chance to go for walks, ride a bike or a horse, surf an Atlantic wave, try your hand at fishing or hit a golf ball. The range of activities available is huge and qualified and experienced instructors supervise all. You'll also have the chance not to do the activities and just take it easy while we show you around.
Our small groups also allow us to stay in small out-of-the-way hotels, offering a warm friendly welcome and first class accommodation.
Europes largest sea cliffs at Slieve League
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Ireland’s wild and rugged Atlantic coastline
- Walk in the Mourne Mountains (Slieve Gullion)
- The Glens of Antrim and the Causeway Coast
- The Wild Moorlands and Mountains of Counties Donegal and Mayo
- Europe's largest sea cliffs at Slieve League
- Generally, take in the sites of Donegal. Voted by National Geographic as the 'Coolest Place on Earth'.
ENJOY SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST POPULAR AND WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- The Giant's Causeway and Carrick a Rede rope bridge
- Belfast’s cutting-edge Titanic Belfast Experience
ENJOY SOME FANTASTIC ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
- Walking and hiking through some of Ireland’s best scenery
- Horse-riding on the beach
- Cycling along the ‘Western Greenway’ in Mayo.
- Explore Glenveagh National Park in Donegal.
- Try your hand at surfing an Atlantic Wave
- Learn the ancient arts of Gaelic football or hurling
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Clamber over the cliff-top ruins of Dunluce Castle
- Climb Knocknaree Mountain to Queen Maeve's tomb
- Ancient Neolithic Stone circles, Celtic ring forts, Castles, Monastic sites and burial tombs
- Take a Black cab tour of the fascinating Belfast city
- A walking tour of Londonderry/Derry city
SOME FUN LITTLE SIDE TRIPS:
- Optional Boat trip to the foot of the Slieve League Cliffs
AND AT NIGHT:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland’s best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality locally owned hotels
- Off the beaten track adventure in Vagabond 4X4 Land Rover tour vehicle
- Services of highly trained professional Vagabond tour guide
- 7 FULL days on tour
- 6 nights hotel accommodation
- 6 full Irish breakfasts (enough to keep you fuelled to dinner!)
- Most daily activities and visits - Entrance Fee included in the tour price to the Giant's Causeway Centre GB£11.50, An in-depth walking tour of Derry - GB£4 and a castle entrance fee, Donegal or Doe Castle.
- All relevant taxes
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking (we have never cancelled a tour, that's a promise)
Price Optional Extras
- Lunches and evening meals
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Black Cab taxi tour of Belfast - GB£10
- Bushmills Whiskey Distillery – GB£8.00
- Walls of Derry Walking Tour - GB£4
- Dunluce Castle - GB£4
- Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge – GB£8
- The Titanic experience, Belfast - GB£18.50
- Boat trip to Slieve League Cliffs - €20
- Horse Riding Dunfanaghy - €29
- Surfing Dunfanaghy - €45
- Sea kayaking (sit on top) - €35
- Westport Greenway Bike Hire - €30 (€35 electric bike)
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the historical sites we visit are free to enter, as are all the walks and beaches. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Travel in a 4X4 Land Rover 'Vagatron'
- Activity:Hikes, cycling, kayaking and boat trip options
- Pace Of Tour:7 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
In short, it was a truly wonderful experience that I would do again in a heartbeat. This relatively small organization feels like family now, and I think you'll feel the same way once you experience one of their tours. They really do earn your patronage. - 5 star *****