7 Day Epic Irish Food Adventure Tour
7 Day Epic Irish Food Adventure Tour
On this 7 Day Irish food tour, you’re going to experience every twist and turn of Ireland’s food story. Meet our most innovative producers and chefs. See where the future is taking us, with a focus on terroir, seasonality and sustainability.
Warning: This is no ordinary Irish food tour. Taste Ireland the Vagabond way, with fast-paced adventure, hiking, kayaking and fun baked in.
About This Tour
From meat and spuds to Michelin stars, 19th century famine disaster to 21st century social gastronomy; the story of Irish food is a winding road.
On this tour you’re going to experience every twist and turn. Taste the magnificent fresh produce bestowed on Ireland by our mild climate, rich soil and clean oceans. Meet our most innovative producers and chefs. See where the future is taking us, with a focus on terroir, seasonality and sustainability.
⚠️Warning: This is no ordinary food tour.
We’re doing things the Vagabond way, with fast-paced adventure and fun baked in, as well as plenty of time to breathe and reflect.
Expect wild hikes for coastal picnics in the open air. Foraging by sea kayak on the Atlantic ocean.
A high level of fitness is definitely required. As well as an appetite for adventure!
Your Departure/Flight Times
Your tour leaves Dublin city centre at 8.10am on the first morning. We would advise arriving at least one night before.
You will return between 5-6 pm on the last day. If you are planning to fly out on the same night, we advise booking a flight that departs after 9pm.
EXPLORE IRELAND'S EVOLVING FOOD STORY
- Learn the secrets of the ocean’s superfood on a seaweed foraging trip by kayak.
- Meet Ireland’s original female craft brewer at her 100 year old Dingle pub.
- Nibble on new, foraged flavours like fairy potatoes, aromatic ‘Irish coconut’ and pepper dulse, ‘the truffle of the sea’.
- Feast like lords and ladies with a night in a characterful Irish castle hotel.
- Taste Ireland’s original farmhouse cheese on the remoo-te Beara peninsula.
- Sample Irish wildflower honeys and the nectar of the gods at Ireland’s finest meadery.
- Experience Clare, Kerry, Cork and Kinsale, the vibrant communities at the heart of Ireland’s food renaissance.
- Toast your food odyssey with a wild-brewed, off the beaten track Irish coffee!.
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY
- Elevate your mood along the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- Feel the magic on the awe-inspiring Dingle Peninsula
- Behold the lunar limestone landscape of The Burren
- Hike along the coast to the towering Cliffs of Moher
...AND AT NIGHT
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland’s best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland’s clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
All of our tours are flexible, and your Irish Food Adventure is no different. We’ve included unmissable activities in the price. Where there are great options, we’ve left the final decision up to you. Feel free to choose your evening meals and some lunches. All additional tour options are marked clearly below.
✔️ Atlantic Seaweed Kayaking
✔️ All-You-Can-Shuck Oyster Experience
✔️ Foraged tasters with Wild Kitchen
✔️ Buffalo Farm Tour and Lunch
✔️ West Kerry Brewery Tour
✔️ Milleens Cheese Tour & Tasting
✔️ Lorge Chocolate Tasting
✔️ Afternoon Tea at Castle Durrow
✔️ A journey of discovery in a 4x4 rugged Mercedes-Benz VagaTron mini-coach
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 7 full days on tour
✔️ 6 nights' accommodation
✔️ 6 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
✔️ Loads of laughs and fun along the way!
Your guide will discuss optional activities with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly.
|Details||Cost Per Person|
|Armada Whiskey Tasting||€20|
|Charles Fort, Kinsale||€5|
|Black's Brewery Tour and Beer Tasting||€12|
|Kinsale Mead Company Tour||€12|
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Travel in our 13 seater 4x4 Mercedes-Benz VagaTrons
- Activity:Hikes, kayaking and active options
- Pace Of Tour:Fast-paced adventure with wild foraging trips and coastal picnic hikes
I wish there was a more superlative word to use than "wow" but that word well describes my experience. From the sites visited to the accommodations to the comfort of the van to the consideration and knowledge of the guide, this company nailed it... There were 15 people in our group and every one of them was delightful. By the end of the trip, we all loved each other. Would I recommend this company...? You betcha!
More Tours Like This
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
8 Day Wild Irish Rover TourFind Out More...
7 Day Magnetic North Adventure TourFind Out More...