7 Day World Tour of Ireland
7 Day World Tour of Ireland
Look no further, you have just found the best possible way to see Ireland. A whole week to explore, relax, absorb, refresh and learn about this fascinating and beautiful island. A fantastic & comprehensive tour of the south west and west of Ireland. Spend 7 days exploring this part of Ireland, combining off the beaten track exploring & Irish highlights. View Full Itinerary Here.
About This Tour
Like all Vagabond adventures this 7 day tour is a great blend of outdoor activity, great scenery, relaxing pubs and moments that you will remember for years to come. This tour is very similar and follows the same route as our 8 day award winning tour but is just a day shorter.
First the tour heads down to the South West to Cork and Kerry and the three peninsulas of Beara, Iveragh (The Ring of Kerry) and Dingle. The tour spends two nights in the buzzing little fishing town of Dingle to give you time to partake in activities, get to know the area and the locals, to explore the shops, pubs, galleries and restaurants that abound there – or simply to chill out and catch your breath.
Then you will travel north and cross the River Shannon into County Clare with the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher before heading into Galway city and then home to Dublin. You will see a huge proportion of Ireland's best scenery (just ask any Irish person).
Tours starting/finishing point:
Revel at some of Europe's very best scenery, including:
- Ireland's highest mountain range The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- The Green fields and stone walls of Dingle
- Ireland's rugged Wild Atlantic Way
- The River Shannon (which we cross by ferry)
- The Burren Limestone Plateau
- The Caher Mountains of the Beara Peninsula
- The green inland scenery of areas such as the Golden Vale in Tipperary
Enjoy some of Ireland's most popular and worthwhile tourist destinations:
- Blarney Castle to kiss the magical Blarney Stone
- Killarney National Park
- The Cliffs of Moher
Enjoy some fantastic activity options
- Walking and hiking through some of Ireland's best scenery
- Horse-riding on the Dingle Peninsula
- Mountain biking or bike touring in the Killarney National Park.
- Sea-kayaking with Fungi the Dolphin
- Try your hand at surfing an Atlantic Wave
- Learn the ancient art of "Vagaball"!
Wonder at some of Ireland's historical treasures and experience the rich historical past of the region, from stone age man to the modern age.
- Visit The Rock of Cashel
- Optional trip to the Skellig islands, one of Ireland's two UNESCO World Heritage sites and a scene location for Star Wars - The Force Awakens.
- Ancient Neolithic Stone circles, Celtic ring forts, castles, monastic sites and pre-christian tombs
Explore three of Ireland's most diverse south western Peninsulas and the West coast:
- The majestic Iveragh peninsula (better known as the Ring of Kerry)
- The rugged Beara Peninsula (also known as the ‘undiscovered peninsula’)
- The rolling hills of the Dingle Peninsula
- The lunar limestone landscape of the Burren, Country Clare
Take some free time to explore local communities and meet the Irish people in locations such as:
- The vibrant and buzzing Galway city
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
Some fun little side trips:
- Visit a working sheep farm for a demonstration of working dogs and also sheep shearing
- Take a boat trip to try spotting Dingle's most friendly occupant - Funghi the Dolphin in Dingle Bay
- Optional visit to Locke's Irish Whiskey Distillery, the oldest potstill distillery in the world
And at night:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland's best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality, locally owned guesthouse and small hotel accommodation in small, friendly, local communities.
- Off the beaten track adventure in Vagabond 4X4 tour vehicle.
- Services of highly trained professional Vagabond tour guide
- 7 FULL days on tour
- Six nights accommodation (2 nights B&B, 4 nights Hotel)
- 6 Full Irish breakfasts.
- Fantastic guided walks
- Entrance to most of the historical and archeological sites along the way, including Blarney Stone and Rock of Cashel (and the Cliffs of Moher)
- Demonstrations of local craftsmen at work
- Shannon ferry tickets
- Train journey to or from the west of Ireland on certain departures.
- All relevant taxes.
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs...
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking (we have never cancelled a tour, thats a promise)
Price Optional Extras
We try and keep any additional costs to a minimum and these activities account for only a small part of the daily activities on tour. Most of the historical sites we visit are free to enter, as of course are the walks and beaches. The additional activities we do offer are ones that have proved to be a big success with customers over the years.
- Lunches and evening meals
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Horse-riding - €30 for an hour
- Sea-Kayaking - €45 for three hours
- Bike touring or mountain biking in Killarney National Park - €30
- Boat trip to the Skellig Islands (extremely weather dependent) - €70 - selected departures only. Please check in with us for further details.
- Surfing lessons for the very brave - €35 for 2-3 hours
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro's.
- Vehicle:Travel in a 4X4 Land Rover or Mercedes 'Vagatron'
- Activity:Hikes, cycling, kayaking and boat trip options.
- Pace Of Tour:7 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
Fantastic!! We spent so much time outside - hiking, biking, horseback riding, kayaking. I loved all the activities. Met great people, Ciara our guide was terrific. I highly recommend this tour to people who want a very active, exciting trip. We definitely got to places the big buses just can't get to. - 5 star *****
More Tours Like This
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
8 Day Kerry UnCorked TourFind Out More...
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
6 Day Tour To The Edge of The WorldFind Out More...
8 Day Wild Irish Rover TourFind Out More...