7 Day World Tour of Ireland
7 Day World Tour of Ireland
If you’re looking to see Ireland in 7 days, look no further. You have just found the best possible way to see Ireland. A whole week to explore, relax, absorb, refresh and learn about this fascinating and beautiful island. A fantastic & comprehensive tour of the south-west and west of Ireland. Spend 7 days exploring this part of Ireland, combining off the beaten track exploring & Irish highlights.
2019 Tour Dates
2020 Tour Dates
About This Tour
Like all Vagabond adventures, this 7-day tour is a great blend of outdoor activity, great scenery, relaxing pubs and moments that you will remember for years to come. This tour is very similar and follows the same route as our 8-day award winning tour but is just a day shorter.
The tours leave from Dublin city centre at 08.20am on the first morning and get back about 6 pm on the last day. So we would advise arriving at least the night before and if you would be planning to fly out on the last night, then not to book a flight before 9 pm.
First, the tour heads down to the South West to Cork and Kerry and the three peninsulas of Beara, Iveragh (The Ring of Kerry) and Dingle. The tour spends two nights in the buzzing little fishing town of Dingle to give you time to partake in activities, get to know the area and the locals, to explore the shops, pubs, galleries and restaurants that abound there – or simply to chill out and catch your breath.
Then you will travel north and cross the River Shannon into County Clare with the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher before heading into Galway city and then home to Dublin. You will see a huge proportion of Ireland's best scenery (just ask any Irish person).
Tours starting/finishing point:
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE'S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Elevate your mood along the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- See Ireland's highest mountain range, The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- Behold the lunar limestone landscape of The Burren
- Feel the magic on the world famous Ring of Kerry
RELISH SOME OF IRELAND'S MOST WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Stand in awe at the towering Cliffs of Moher
- Kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and Gardens
- Discover magnificent Killarney National Park
- Wonder at the iconic Rock of Cashel
ENJOY SOME FANTASTIC ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
- Challenge yourself with rugged hikes through incredible landscapes
- Ride a horse along a golden Irish strand
- Kayak your way across Dingle Bay to meet a friendly dolphin
- Surf an Atlantic wave
- Bike or hike the wonders of Killarney National Park
- Visit a working sheep farm for a herding and shearing demonstration
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Shout from the battlements of mythical castles
- Peer into portal tombs older than the pyramids
- Stand in awe at ancient Neolithic stone circles and Celtic ring forts
EXPLORE THREE DIVERSE SOUTH WESTERN PENINSULAS:
- Majestic Iveragh- better known as the Ring of Kerry
- Rugged Beara- the ‘undiscovered peninsula’)
- Knife edge cliffs and patchwork fields of the Dingle Peninsula
TAKE SOME FREE TIME TO EXPLORE LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND MEET THE IRISH PEOPLE IN LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- The vibrant and buzzing Galway city
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
...AND AT NIGHT:
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland's best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland’s clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
✔️ An off the beaten track adventure in 4x4 VagaTron Mini-coach
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 7 full days on tour
✔️ 6 nights' accommodation
✔️ 6 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Entrance fees to Blarney Castle; the Rock of Cashel; a working sheep farm experience
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
✔️ Loads of laughs and fun along the way!
Your guide will discuss options with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly.
- Horse-riding in Dingle: €35
- Sea-Kayaking in Dingle: €50
- Rowing in Dingle: €25
- Boat trip in Dingle: €15-€20
- Surf lesson in Castlegregory : €40
- Cycling tour in Killarney National Park: €30
- Skelligs Cruise: €40
- Golf in Dingle: Ask your guide for rate
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Travel in our 13 seater 4x4 Mercedes Benz/Drifter VagaTrons
- Activity:Hikes, cycling, kayaking and boat trip options.
- Pace Of Tour:7 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
Absolutely fantastic! We did the 7-day world tour in SW Ireland. Our guides, Carmel and Nick, were very knowledgeable and did a great job. The small group and vehicle allowed us to get to places off the beaten path. Highly recommend this as a wonderful way to see the country.
More Tours Like This
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
8 Day Wild Irish Rover TourFind Out More...
7 Day Magnetic North Adventure TourFind Out More...