7 Day Irish Castles & Kingdoms Tour
7 Day Irish Castles & Kingdoms Tour
See Ireland through Irish eyes! Immerse yourself in history and culture in stunning southwestern Ireland. Tour historic Irish castles, then lord it up with a castle hotel stay. Visit the famous Ring of Kerry then amble through West Cork to savour two nights in Ireland’s gourmet capital, Kinsale.
2019 Tour Dates
About This Tour
Come and see Ireland through Irish eyes! This immersive guided tour will ease you around scenic southwestern Ireland. Meet the local characters who make this part of the world so special. Soak up Ireland's history, culture and spectacular scenery.
Cherish authentic experiences on your Driftwood Journey of Discovery:
- Spend two night in a vibrant small town - Kinsale
- Spend a night in a real Irish castle hotel.
- Boat trip around the Skellig Islands
- Visit the towering Cliffs of Moher
- Meet local artisan food producers and craftsmen and see them at work
- Visit a working sheep farm and watch the sheep dogs at work
Note: this tour was formerly known as Kerry UnCorked - the itinerary has been updated with new, exciting locations added for 2019.
Small Group Touring
Our comfortable Mercedes Benz/Volkswagen mini-coaches seat a maximum of 15 guests. More space to breathe, more time with your VagaGuide and more fun on your journey of discovery!
Tours starting/finishing point:
VISIT IRELAND’S GREAT CASTLES HOUSES AND GARDENS:
- Live like lords and ladies for one unforgettable night at Ballyseede Castle Hotel
- Kiss the famous Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and Gardens
- Tour 18th Century Bantry House and Gardens
- See elegant 19th Century Muckross House Gardens
- Be dwarfed by one of Ireland’s largest medieval castles at Cahir
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Elevate your mood along the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- Feel the magic on the world famous Ring of Kerry
- See Ireland’s highest mountain range, The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- Behold the lunar limestone landscape of The Burren
- Watch waves crash along the spectacular Loop Head drive
RELISH SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Stand in awe at the towering Cliffs of Moher
- Take a horse drawn carriage around magnificent Killarney National Park
- Enjoy a full day exploring in Ireland’s gourmet capital, Kinsale
ONE OF A KIND EXPERIENCES AND MEMORIES TO CHERISH:
- Take a maritime cruise around the Skelligs, Ireland’s unique island treasures
- Visit a working sheep farm for a sheep herding and shearing demonstration
- Meet Irish master craftspeople face-to-face in their workshops and studios
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES
- Boat trip to the monastic ruins and Napoleonic-era battlements of Scattery Island
- Peer into portal tombs older than the pyramids
- Stand in awe at Neolithic stone circles and Celtic ring forts
...AND AT NIGHT
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland’s best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland’s clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
✔️ A journey of discovery in a super-comfy, slick Mercedes Benz/Volkswagen mini-coach
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 7 full days on tour
✔️ 6 nights' accommodation
✔️ 6 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Entrance fees to Blarney Castle; Bantry House; Cahir Castle; a working sheep farm experience.
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
✔️ Loads of laughs and fun along the way!
Your guide will discuss options with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly.
- Scattery Island Cruise and Tour: €15
- Skellig Islands Cruise: €40
- Skellig Experience Visitor Centre: €5
- Derrynane House: €5
- Horse drawn carriage ride in Killarney National Park:€15
- Black's Brewery Tour and Beer Tasting: €12
- The Folk House Kinsale Whiskey Tasting: €16
- Charles Fort Kinsale: €5
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:Super-comfy, slick Mercedes Benz/Volkswagen 16 seater mini-coach
- Activity:Easy. No hikes or adventure activities.
- Pace Of Tour:A relaxed pace of tour with free time, days are filled with scenery, history and culture
I wish there was a more superlative word to use than "wow" but that word well describes my experience. From the sites visited to the accommodations to the comfort of the van to the consideration and knowledge of the guide, this company nailed it... There were 15 people in our group and every one of them was delightful. By the end of the trip, we all loved each other. Would I recommend this company...? You betcha!