8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour
8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour
Its wild, its Irish and its roving! This award winning Ireland adventure tour includes an option of a trip to the Aran Islands, a night in a castle, two nights in Dingle town and a great variety of activity options and historical sites for each day. This Vagabond tour was selected by the world famous National Geographic Traveler Magazine in 2013 as being one of the ‘Top 50 Tours of Lifetime’.
About This Tour
Its wild, its Irish and its roving! The 8 day award winning ireland trip from Vagabond is an awesome tour covering the west coast of Ireland from the peninsula's of the south west all the way up to Connemara.
Every Vagabond tour is unique, as we tailor them to the needs and requirements of each group and of course the weather.
This tour combines a perfect mixture of outdoor activity, great scenery, history and culture, relaxing pubs and local experiences. Eight days means that you are never rushed, however you will experience so much of Ireland you will feel like you've been travelling for weeks.
The tours leave from Dublin city centre at 08.30am on the first morning and get back about 6pm on the last day. So we would advise arriving at least the night before and if you would be planning to fly out on the last night, then not to book a flight before 9pm.
First you head down to the South West to Cork and Kerry and the three peninsula's of Beara, Iveragh (The Ring of Kerry) and Dingle. The tour spends two nights in the buzzing little fishing town of Dingle to give you more time to partake in activities, get to know the area and the locals, to explore the shops, pubs, galleries and restaurants that abound there – or simply to relax and catch your breath.
Then you will travel north and across the River Shannon into County Clare home to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher then heading into Galway city and north into the Connemara region (or you might have opted to cross Galway bay by boat, via the Aran islands, to Connemara).
Revel at some of Europe's very best scenery, including:
- Ireland's highest mountain range The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- The Green fields and stone walls of Dingle
- Ireland's rugged Wild Atlantic Way
- The River Shannon (which we cross by ferry)
- The Burren Limestone Plateau
- The Caher Mountains of the Beara Peninsula
- The green inland scenery of areas such as the Golden Vale in Tipperary
- The Wild West of Connemara's mountains
Enjoy some of Ireland's most popular and worthwhile tourist destinations:
- Blarney Castle to kiss the magical Blarney Stone
- Killarney and Connemara National Parks
- The Cliffs of Moher
Enjoy some fantastic activity options:
- Walking and hiking through some of Ireland's best scenery
- Horse-riding on the Dingle Peninsula
- Mountain biking or bike touring in the Killarney National Park.
- Sea-kayaking with Fungi the Dolphin
- Try your hand at surfing an Atlantic Wave
- Learn the ancient art of "Vagaball"!
Wonder at some of Ireland's historical treasures and experience the rich historical past of the region, from Stone Age man to the modern age.
- Visit The Rock of Cashel
- Optional trip to the Skellig islands, one of Ireland's UNESCO World Heritage sites and a scene location for Star Wars - The Force Awakens.
- Ancient Neolithic Stone circles, Celtic ring forts, castles, monastic sites and pre-christian tombs
Explore three of Ireland's most diverse south western Peninsulas and the West coast:
- The majestic Iveragh peninsula (better known as the Ring of Kerry)
- The rugged Beara Peninsula (also known as the ‘undiscovered peninsula’)
- The rolling hills of the Dingle Peninsula
- The lunar limestone landscape of the Burren, Country Clare
Take some free time to explore local communities and meet Irish people in locations such as:
- The vibrant and buzzing Galway city
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
Some fun little side trips:
- Visit a working sheep farm for a display of working dogs and also sheep shearing
- Take a boat trip to try Spot Dingle's most Friendly occupant - Funghi the Dolphin in Dingle Bay
- Optional visit to Locke's Irish Whiskey Distillery, the oldest potstill distillery in the world
And at night:
- Live music and excellent food in some of Ireland's best pubs and restaurants.
- Overnight in quality, locally owned guesthouse and small hotel accommodation in small, friendly local communities.)
- Spend a night in a castle
- Off the beaten track adventure in Vagabond 4X4 tour vehicle.
- Services of highly trained professional Vagabond tour guide
- 8 FULL days on tour
- Seven nights accommodation (2 nights B&B, 4 nights Hotel and 1 night in a castle).
- 7 full Irish breakfasts.
- Fantastic guided walks
- Entrance to most of the historical and archaeological sites along the way, including Blarney Stone and Rock of Cashel (and the Cliffs of Moher)
- Demonstrations of local craftsmen at work
- Shannon ferry tickets
- All relevant taxes.
- Guaranteed tour price from the moment you make your deposit
- Loads of laughs
AND...Your departure is guaranteed once we have confirmed your booking (we have never cancelled a tour, that's a promise)
Price - Optional Extras list
- Lunches and evening meals
- Some optional entrance fees and additional activity options, for example:
- Horse-riding - €30 for an hour
- Sea-Kayaking - €45 for three hours
- Bike touring or mountain biking in Killarney National Park - €25
- Boat trip to the Skellig Islands (extremely weather dependent) - €60 (€70 July & Aug)
- Day trip to the Aran Islands –€20
- Vehicle:4x4 Land Rover or Mercedes 'Vagatron'
- Activity:Hikes, kayaking, horse-riding, cycling and boat trips. Plus lots of history and culture. If this sounds too active we suggest a Driftwood 7 day tour.
- Pace Of Tour:Upbeat tour pace, days are filled with activity, adventure and discovery.
I'm a solo traveler just back from the 8 day Wild Irish Rover Tour. Everything was so well-planned, the accommodations were fabulous, the entire adventure was so much more than I expected. We were, indeed, off the beaten path and were able to really SEE the country. - 5 Star *****
More Tours Like This
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
8 Day Kerry UnCorked TourFind Out More...
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
6 Day Tour To The Edge of The WorldFind Out More...