8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour
8 Day Wild Irish Rover Tour
Its wild, it’s Irish and its roving! This award-winning Ireland adventure tour includes a night in a castle, two nights in Dingle town and a great variety of activity options and historical sites for each day. This Vagabond tour was selected by the world famous National Geographic Traveler Magazine in 2013 as being one of the ‘Top 50 Tours of Lifetime’. Please note the direction of the tour is not optional.
2019 Tour Dates
2020 Tour Dates
About This Tour
It's wild, it's Irish and it's roving! The 8-day award-winning Ireland tour from Vagabond is an awesome tour covering the west coast of Ireland from the peninsula's of the south-west all the way up to Connemara.
Every Vagabond tour is unique, as we tailor them to the needs and requirements of each group and of course the weather.
This tour combines a perfect mixture of outdoor activity, great scenery, history and culture, relaxing pubs and local experiences. Eight days means that you are never rushed, however, you will experience so much of Ireland you will feel like you've been travelling for weeks.
The tours leave from Dublin city centre at 08.30am on the first morning and get back about 6 pm on the last day. So we would advise arriving at least the night before and if you would be planning to fly out on the last night, then not to book a flight before 9 pm.
First, you head down to the South West to Cork and Kerry and the three peninsula's of Beara, Iveragh (The Ring of Kerry) and Dingle. The tour spends two nights in the buzzing little fishing town of Dingle to give you more time to partake in activities, get to know the area and the locals, to explore the shops, pubs, galleries and restaurants that abound there – or simply to relax and catch your breath.
Then you will travel north and across the River Shannon into County Clare home to the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher then heading into Galway city and north into the Connemara region.
Tours starting/finishing point:
REVEL AT SOME OF EUROPE’S VERY BEST SCENERY:
- Elevate your mood along the wild and rugged Atlantic Ocean coastline
- See Ireland’s highest mountain range, The Macgillycuddy Reeks
- Be mystified by the savage beauty of Connemara
- Behold the lunar limestone landscape of The Burren
- Feel the magic on the world famous Ring of Kerry
RELISH SOME OF IRELAND’S MOST WORTHWHILE TOURIST DESTINATIONS:
- Stand in awe at the towering Cliffs of Moher
- Kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle and Gardens
- Discover magnificent Killarney National Park
- Wonder at the iconic Rock of Cashel
ENJOY SOME FANTASTIC ACTIVITY OPTIONS:
- Challenge yourself with hikes through incredible landscapes
- Ride a horse along a golden Irish strand
- Kayak your way across Dingle Bay to meet a friendly dolphin
- Surf an Atlantic wave
- Bike or hike the wonders of Killarney National Park
- Visit a working sheep farm for a herding and shearing demonstration
WONDER AT SOME OF IRELAND’S HISTORICAL TREASURES:
- Shout from the battlements of mythical castles
- Peer into portal tombs older than the pyramids
- Stand in awe at ancient Neolithic stone circles and Celtic ring forts
EXPLORE THREE DIVERSE SOUTH WESTERN PENINSULAS:
- Majestic Iveragh - better known as the Ring of Kerry
- Rugged Beara - the ‘undiscovered peninsula’
- Knife edge cliffs and patchwork fields of the Dingle Peninsula
TAKE SOME FREE TIME TO EXPLORE LOCAL COMMUNITIES AND MEET IRISH PEOPLE IN LOCATIONS SUCH AS:
- The vibrant and buzzing Galway city
- The galleries and pubs (about 54 in total!) in Dingle town (pop. about 2500)
- The shops and boutiques of picturesque Kenmare
...AND AT NIGHT:
- Live traditional music in some of Ireland’s best pubs
- Delicious fresh and locally sourced food from Ireland’s clean waters and green farms
- Overnight in comfort at quality local guesthouses and boutique hotels, located in small, friendly communities
- Live like lords and ladies with stay in a castle-style country home
✔️ An off the beaten track adventure in 4x4 VagaTron Mini-coach
✔️ The services of a highly-trained and professional VagaGuide
✔️ 8 full days on tour
✔️ 7 nights' accommodation
✔️ 7 delicious and filling hot Irish breakfasts
✔️ Most daily activities and visits (see Tour Options below for extras)
✔️ Entrance fees to Blarney Castle; the Rock of Cashel; a working sheep farm experience
✔️ Shannon ferry tickets
✔️ All relevant taxes
✔️ Guaranteed tour departure and price from the moment you make your deposit
Your guide will discuss options with you throughout your tour and plan accordingly.
- Horse riding in Dingle: €35
- Sea-Kayaking in Dingle: €50
- Rowing in Dingle: €25
- Boat trip in Dingle: €15-€20
- Surf lesson in Castlegregory: €40
- Cycling tour in Killarney National Park: €30
- Skellig Cruise: €40
- Golf trip in Dingle: Ask your guide for rate
Tour Pricing and Currencies
All tour prices and payments are in Euro only. The US Dollar prices above are a guide only, we can only quote exact prices in Euro.
- Vehicle:4x4 Mercedes Benz VagaTron
- Activity:Hikes, kayaking, horse-riding, cycling and boat trips. Plus lots of history and culture. If this sounds too active we suggest a Driftwood 7 day tour.
- Pace Of Tour:8 days of activity, adventure and discovery. This tour requires a good level of fitness. For example, can you hike for 2.5 hours on undulating hill paths? Would you enjoy a 2.5 hour cycle on varying terrain?
I just wanted to send you a little personal email to say how much I enjoyed the Wild 8 day tour that my sister and cousin just completed with your company. Henry made the whole trip amazing as a wonderful, engaged and entertaining guide. He was funny, knowledgeable and totally able to navigate a van of 10 women! We loved him immediately and he took us to out of the way places and gave us wonderful little titbits about the village/city or countryside that we were visiting at any given time. We had a pipeline to the weather gods - who comes back from Ireland with a sunburn? yup! that was us. Your tour company was recommended to me by friends who took a tour with your company two summers ago (I think). Yours was the only tour company that I looked at and would like to do your tour of Northern Ireland within the next two years.
More Tours Like This
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure TourFind Out More...
7 Day World Tour of IrelandFind Out More...
7 Day Magnetic North Adventure TourFind Out More...